FSK Decoding example

Hi All,

I am new to this forum and Arduino in general, and from what I've been researching it appears that this product might help me with a project.

I'm looking to develop an AFSK decoder for NOAA weather radio using the Arduino Uno board. This audio stream contains Mark (2083.3 Hz) and Space (1562.5 Hz) tones at 520.83 baud whenever a weather watch / warning is issued by the NWS. The plan is to connect audio from a weather radio to the Uno board, then write software to (1) handle decoding this data stream and (2) send the data stream out to the serial port.

I've searched the forum and could not find anything to help get me started, so I wanted to post the question here and see if anyone could point me to a few examples that have been done using similar methods.

Thanks for your help!
Todd

I wrote an article back in 1997 on this:-
http://www.doc.mmu.ac.uk/STAFF/A.Wiseman/Acorn/RTR97.html
Look at RTR34
I did not use the computer to decode the FSK as it is not a very efficient thing to do.

Thanks, but I'm getting a "Page Not Found" error for that link.

tsc

That is odd because I just clicked on it and it worked for me.

The link you posted works for me, but the links to the interesting bits - the article and images - are broken for me. I assume that's what the OP is referring to.

-j

OK sorry, not being at the University any more I can't fix it. Attached are the two files:-

RTR34.txt (8.53 KB)

(RTR34.tif (244 KB)