interfacing a wireless nunchuck

Hi I've been looking at some projects where a wii nunchuk is interfaced to an Arduino to control a set of servos

Looking at the pinout of a Wiimote it only seems to have 3.3v and all the circuits I have see wire the nunchuck stright into the 5v line of the Arduino.
Is this safe ? Do I not risk frying my nunchuck doing this

Also I don’t have a regular Nintendo Nunchuk I have a 3rd party wireless one. The bit that would be getting the 5V is the wirelesss tranciever that would normally be plugged into the base of the wiimote. so even if the numchuck is safe to run at 5v how can I be sure the tranciever is

If I play it safe and run everything off a 3.3v supply instead does this have any effect on the output values and will I need different code to translate it.

Regards

Glen

Not sure if youre talking power or signals.

A device powered by 3.3v may get fried by 5v power. Some chips operate over a wide range of power voltages, but unless you know fer sher these chips do then its a big gamble.

Its completely safe to plug 3.3v logic output signals into 5v logic inputs. It may or may not work, but it doesnt hurt to try.

You can also plug 5v logic outputs into 3.3v inputs, but use a series resistor to limit current, or clamp the voltage to 3v.

You could try using a 3.3 voltage regulator.