Connection and sending e-mail with Arduino Uno WiFi

ok, loaded without errors.
I don't know how to thank you :slight_smile:

Now, is there anything else I should know about the wifi module? configurations etc?

To load the sketch of my project (therefore also what I will try to do to send e-mail) I'll have to set the board on Arduino Uno Wifi and no longer on the board of the ESP8266 module, right?

Thank you.

Michele94:
Now, is there anything else I should know about the wifi module? configurations etc?

Configure it using Web Panel like with the original firmware.

Michele94:
To load the sketch of my project (therefore also what I will try to do to send e-mail). I'll have to set the board on Arduino Uno Wifi and no longer on the board of the ESP8266 module, right?

right

first try the WiFiLinkWebClient example from UnoWiFiDevEdSerial1 library

Juraj:
Configure it using Web Panel like with the original firmware.

Why now I do not see the Arduino wifi network anymore? :o

I had disconnected it from the pc for 5 minutes, I did not have to do it?

The wifi led does not flash, it is on but has a low intensity.

power cycle the board. disconnect it from usb for a moment.

did you replace the EspProxy with FLASHING setting with other sketch?

Currently the Arduino is disconnected from power since last night.
I did not upload any other sketches after the EspProxy.

How do I proceed?
I connect the arduino to the pc and load the sketch of the WifiLinkWebClient (without modifying it) that you proposed to me?
Do I have to do anything else to make the wifi work?

Thank you!

Michele94:
How do I proceed?
I connect the arduino to the pc and load the sketch of the WifiLinkWebClient (without modifying it) that you proposed to me?

yes

Ok, now the Arduino wifi network is visible and the wifi LED flashes, but when I connect to it and type 192.168.240.1 from the browser, "FileNotFound" is written in the upper left corner.

It's as if the Web Panel was not there.

What should I do?

Thank you!

it could by something with SPIFFS. did you upload it succesfull?

I think so.
When I loaded the firmware, it came out in the IDE written in red:

"Uploading 349680 bytes from C: \ users \ mikyc \ AppData \ Local \ Temp \ ardino_build_624099 \ ArduinoFirmwareEsp.ino. Etc. (I do not remember what else there was written in the path)
........................................ [23%]
........................................ [46%]
........................................ [70%]
........................................ [93%]
........................................ [100%] "[/i]

And "Done uploading" was released in the status bar.

no idea. try please the SPIFFS upload again and copy the console content for me

and only the ip address was in url? nothing after / was added by browser from url entries history?

Juraj:
and only the ip address was in url? nothing after / was added by browser from url entries history?

No, there was nothing after 192.168.240.1/ in url.

But it is certain that in the sketch config.h of the ArduinoFirmwareEsp.ino, I have to remove the comment to "// # define UNOWIFIDEVED" and not to "// # define UNOWIFI"?

yes UNOWIFIDEVED

Ok, I try to follow the steps again and write to you the ID's reports at the end of the firmware upload.

Thanks again and I hope I can solve :frowning:

Juaraj, I have a question:
I noticed that the EspProxy.ino sketch I open from the zip file of the github UNOWifiDevEdSerial1 library, is different from the EspProxy sketch that I find installing the same library from the IDE's Library manager.

Do you always advise me to use the library downloaded from github?

Serial1 is ok from Library Manager. on github there is a newer not yet published to Library Manager version. both are ok.

for WiFi Link I can't publish the library. is not originally my. and for firmware there is only the github option.

Juraj I solved everything :slight_smile: :

I followed all the steps on another pc again and I used the EspProxy.ino sketch by installing the library directly from the IDE (previously I had used the github sketch).
Now I can access the Arduino by typing 192.168.240.1.

I can finally proceed with the sketch of sending the email (I hope you can also help me in this case if I had problems).

I hope I did not disturb you with the constant messages.

Thank you very much.

WiFiLinkWebClient example from UnoWiFiDevEdSerial1 library works?

Michele94:
I hope I did not disturb you with the constant messages.

No problem. Our Q&A thread helps other people who try install WiFi Link. You can see on views count of this thread that we have a big audience :slight_smile:

Juraj:
WiFiLinkWebClient example from UnoWiFiDevEdSerial1 library works?

I do not see anything on the serial monitor. Should I first connect to the home network from the web panel?

Juraj:
No problem. Our Q&A thread helps other people who try install WiFi Link. You can see on views count of this thread that we have a big audience :slight_smile:

I noticed, thanks :slight_smile:

Michele94:
Should I first connect to the home network from the web panel?

yes. the sketch uses that connection