Uploading Sketches over WiFi Possible?

After a lot of searching I still can't determine if the MKR1000 can be uploaded from the IDE via WiFi as you can do with the TIAN or YUN Shield by selecting the port from the Tools menu.

Are there other options for wireless uploads other than the YUN Shield?

Thanks

Kurt

I haven't done it personally but there are a few sources of information.

Here is one such method

A Video explanation is here

Change your search parameters to "mkr1000 ota" OTA standing for Over The Air.

Thanks. I did see that post but it describes an approach that is little more complex than selecting the port and clicking upload. I guess my first question was "does the MKR1000 appear in the network ports menu like the Yun and the Tian".

Answer to that is NO.

However there does seem to be a method of setting it up to accept and incoming sketch IIRC but I dont thinks its as easy as you would think or like.

I looked at this when I got my first one but it was a little tricky and seems overly complex whatever method I looked at.
Please dont ask me for links as it was quite some time ago and involved lots of digging around.

Like I said use "mkr1000 ota" as a guide...there will be lots of dead end links but some might suit you.

Look at it as searching deep practice LOL

Thanks. That is helpful I got your OTA key from your other posts. That is kind of key to avoiding 1000's of hits from "Arduino Wireless Programming"

I guess it is the TIAN or YUN. I had a TIAN for a few days but sent it back because I couldn't get Ciao to load on the Linux side. Maybe wait until they work out some of the functionality issues. I am developing a 2-axis solar tracker and I am tired of going out in the backyard to reprogram.

I really wonder why they didn't keep the Yun wireless programming features in the new products that feature the Linux WiFi processors.

Hi Isp

Now that you have mentioned what its for I am wondering what sketch you are using ?

Have played a little with servos for a soler demo (not full scale) and the sketches I played with always did a return to initial X,Y position just as the light started to drop.

Most of the similar projects I have looked at also did not need re programming either.

having looked at this too -- I am spoiled by the photon and edsion ability to program ota. this is further exasperated by the new web ide which adds a bunch more variables to programming without the benefit of ota.

The yun shield and yun board - not familiar with the .org boards - have a small linux computer that talks to the arduino processory through a uart. in effect this handles all of the wifi and serial cable tasks with ota as one function.

the wifi board and portion in the mkr1000 communicate using the spi bus. much more efficient and power effective.

i love the mkr1000 for set and forget stable apps. but when i need to tweak - out comes a zero board with the yun shield. the yun board itself just has a 32u processor limiting it to uno level capabilities. my programming isnt elegant enought to fit cool things in the 32k space.

give me a mkr1000 form factor with the yun funtionality - the one board for everything. have it work with the neew mkr1000 shield adapter and you are stacking...