Pervasive Displays [no power displays - e-paper]

@ThunderFT:
I've been thinking about this problem. What about solving it by using a I2C-EEprom to store the matrix? Or use a Sdcard-shield on arduino? I think the only way of getting the necessary data for the xbm-files is to use an expansion. Arduino's mem is just too small.

I finally got the LLC from Sparkfun. Now I can try to talk to the display at last.

Currently I'm stuck with the I2C-Temperature sensor on the EA-Board. The sensor is a LM75B temp sensor and is using 3,3V on the I2C lines (so we need the Sparkfun LLC to talk to it from Arduino's 5V-I2C). The slave address of the LM75B is 1|0|0|1|A2|A1|A0 (where A2, A1, A0 can be set by the user). On my board, A2, A1, A0 are 0,0,1 - so the address is 1|0|0|1|0|0|1 (equals 73 DEC or 0x49 HEX).

But I cannot talk to the sensor. I tried with some easy code to get the values, but I don't receive anything. Anyone has more luck??

#include <Wire.h>
int t,l;
void setup()
{
Wire.begin();
Serial.begin(9600);
}
void loop()
{
Wire.requestFrom(0x49, 2);
while(Wire.available())
{
t = Wire.read();
l = Wire.read();
Serial.print("temperature = ");
Serial.println(t);
Serial.print("lsb = ");
Serial.println(l);
}
delay(500);
}

As I already mentioned in my last post is that the temperature reading seems to be set to 25 in EPD.h. I'll just leave out all the temp sensor stuff and try to focus on the display.

I'll report as soon as i have more results.

@ThunderFT: Maybe you could post some code&infos on how you managed to get the display to live. I guess that would be very usefull for a lot of us :wink: Thnx.

EDIT: Got it to work using the gratis-master from the repaper site. It turns out that the temperature sensor is really not relevant for the code to run :wink: