HC-05 bluetooth module problems

I have a problem with my HC-05 bluetooth module I have been trying to solve for 3 days now.
When I power up my arduino uno the module lights up as if ready to be connected to a device but it doesn't appear on my phone. I thought it might be a problem with my phone so I used other devices but the module doens't appear on any device.
I don't think it is a problem with my code because I tried another one and it didn't change anything. Does anyone have an idea why it isn't working? Could it be the module itself that isn't working?

Thanks!

1 Like

If it's discoverable then it should show up with only power applied.
You may want to look into getting into it in AT mode.

Assuming that your cell's BT is enabled in 'Settings' and so on.

gen23:
...but it doesn't appear on my phone.

What brand/model phone.
I have read that iphones don't work with the HC-05. Only with BLE modules.
Leo..

Hey, thanks for your answers!
Runaway Pancake, my cell's BT is of course enabled. I tried getting my module in AT mode but it didn't change anything.
Wawa, it is actually a samsung...

gen23:
I tried getting my module in AT mode but it didn't change anything.

Does that mean that you had success with AT+NAME? and it bounced back HC-05 or something?
That you have two not working out is odd.
I have a Samsung and, a few weeks ago, I got names on the list and could pair OK, but never an opportunity to connect. I gave up on the first app and found a winner in the second (Bluetooth Terminal). Not your situation, but I'm not just jousting at this as a theoretical exercise.

Have you paired your Android with any other devices?

http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=415829.0

I too have used HC-05 and my HTC One M8 (Android) phone to connect and control many BT things I have built (mainly RGB lighting and simple on/off switching)

I too use Bluetooh Terminal app... I have also used S2 Terminal for Bluetooth app..

My projects are set up to take some serial data.. so using these apps I can tailor my serial data to meet my sketches needs.

As Runaway Pancake mentions... throw some AT commands at it.. change the name.. and then try again.

Are you using Android or iPhone? I haven't been able to get the HC-05 to work with the iPhone, but it should be discoverable on (just about) any Android. I go through a whole blog post with the HC-05, a relay switch, Arduino, and an Android app. Check it out here:

I have a problem with my HC-05 bluetooth module.
When I power up my arduino uno the module lights up as if ready to be connected to a device . it also appears on mobile and is connected with mobile but when i press any key it doesnt works.
. Does anyone have an idea why it isn't working? Could it be the module itself that isn't working?

Thanks!
[/quote]

Hello,

I had a lots of problems with HC05 and HC06, but at the end I have solved all of them.

I have 2 test programms one to be the master and an other to be the slave.
once connected they both read and write.

they allow you to check the speed and the default mode of working. Some are only accept uppercase commands some only lower case and some any case will work.

The programm tests all the cases and show you what is working and whatis not.

I can send the code to any one interrested.

or just post it?

jpl-pfungst:
Hello,

I had a lots of problems with HC05 and HC06, but at the end I have solved all of them.

I have 2 test programms one to be the master and an other to be the slave.
once connected they both read and write.

they allow you to check the speed and the default mode of working. Some are only accept uppercase commands some only lower case and some any case will work.

The programm tests all the cases and show you what is working and whatis not.

I can send the code to any one interrested.

please do post the code.

Hi,hc05 Bluetooth module is not pair and connect name .my Android mobile so how to pairing this divice