New N33IOT not recognized on Mac

Running a mac book air with:
macOS Mojave 10.14.6

Just got two new Nano 33 IOT ("N33IOT") and neither one will show up on my port menu of Arduino IDE or the web editor.

I have checked through terminal and the N33IOT is not showing up using:
ls /dev/*

The Green power light is solid and there is a slow fade in and out of the orange light. I have tried hitting the reset button twice in quick succession and still it does not show up.

Neither board is working, and I am going to guess its an issue with my computer or user, and not the board. Any advice is appreciated. I have read through other posted issues, but the June update isn't helping mine.

Thanks

1 Like

Make sure the USB cable is fully inserted into both the Nano 33 IoT and the computer.

Try using a different USB cable. You might have a damaged/defective, or charge-only cable.

I've got the same issue. Tried with multiple cables and still getting sad-diodes at:

Solid green led, amber led cycles at about 1 sec on / off. Any ideas what else to try?

Some Arduino boards come with their pins inserted into anti-static foam. This foam is conductive so you need to remove it before using the board.

Does the problem still occur if you remove all external wiring/modules/components/etc. from your Nano 33 IoT?

Make sure the board is not sitting on anything conductive that might be shorting out the pins.