Chrome App for schools

dear person,

What is the time frame for the bulk option to be available?

Hi @dan_bell,

The current planned timeline is end of November.

It's now December. Is there any update on this? A school-friendly Chromebook app would be a very useful tool.

We are on it! Updates on a launch date next week. Thanks for your interest and patience

Any update?? New semester starts January 3.

Hello @pwelte,

We started a private beta program and are going to invite you later today.
Thank you for waiting.

How do we sign up for this Beta? I am losing my middle school program because the Codebender Edu site is failing so often lately that students are not able to program with Arduino in their class. I have Arduino in the curriculum from 6th-12th grade but I am stuck on Chromebooks in 6-8.

Hi @tsemko,

Now Arduino Create is a very stable platform and have incredible uptime. We invested a lot in stability and we already have good uptime (99.98% in the last year for the first page and 99.95% from a functional point of view of the main components of the Editor, our goal is 99.99% for 2018).

My colleague is writing you too and please tell to other schools we now have a working and reliable solution for all Chromebook users.

Thank you!

I am trying to switch my school to the Arduino Create app, but I can't install it. When is the solution for schools going to be available?

Or, could you invite me to the beta test?

Thanks.

@RodneyG

The public version is going to be available very soon, so I would kindly ask you to wait for another week or so,
we will make a proper announcement via the Arduino Blog when everything is ready to be used.

Thanks a lot for your interest in Arduino Create.

Updates: we are really close! Everything works, we are just fixing the way invoices are made and then we should be able to release the Chrome App to the public this week.

Thanks for your patience!

We are finally live, still refining a few details but you can go ahead on Arduino Digital Store and get a licence for your school. Please provide any feedback opening a thread on this Forum section.

Thanks!

The public app seems to be working great, with one caveat: I initially signed up about 10 students but I have gotten 2 new students so I need to add them to the plan, but I cannot find out where to go to add students to the plan or manage my subscription! Where do I go? I tried going into my profile page but that only allows me to change my email/password, etc. Nothing there about my subscription. I need to add them ASAP!

Hi @azaubi,

You can add members via:

1. Arduino Digital Store
  2. Log in with the same Arduino ID you signed up for plans
  3. Click edit plans
  4. Click add members
  5. Select existing team from drop down
  6. Add emails

With the educational plan, are you able to load custom libraries for use by the team? We currently use edu.codebender and needed to load some "PS3" libraries. I reached out to them and they said they couldn't load them.

So I'm hoping this solution allows us to load libraries for use by all the students or by team within the plan.

Regards,
Jim Tinsman

@jtinsman
yes you can use custom libraries by just importing them. You will have to do so for each of your student's laptop. Let us know if you need further guidance on that.

That helps. I'm trying demonstrate to the school that it will work under the education plans you have. Does it work identically for the individually plans? If so, I'll just use that to demonstrate this is a more complete solution than the "edu.codebender.cc" they are currently using.

Also, my apologies for the cross post.

Jim

Hi Jtinsman

From the coding point of view the features are the same but with the school plan you can also manage teams of students. Everything else is the same. In the future we will add more features to the school plan.

Help.... I created an educational account, but I think I may have entered some email incorrectly. Is there a way to view/edit student emails. We are using ChromeBooks and cannot get the app to install for 2 of my 12 students.

Dan