CV/ Gate keyboard

Hello People,

To start off with I am very much an Arduino noob. I know how to stick a circuit together with an Atmega in and how to upload a program to said Atmega, but the programming is well beyond my capabilities. I have been building a modular synthesizer for one and a half year now and am making good progress. I understand the workings of logic chips like CMOS and can work with opamps and the like. I have made two modules that use the Arduino/ Atmega, a voltage quantiser and a CV/gate to midi converter (which is actually a miduino kit). These are really simple and compact builds compared to a lot of stuff.
Sometimes I stumble into a circuit and think that it could be easily implemented with Arduino Atmega, saving a lot of solder and time. I just can't seem to get my head around the programming, it just isn't for me it seems.
Right now I have such a project, a 2 octave CV/gate keyboard to play my synthesizer (although I can't really play).

I have an old keyboard that I can hack two octaves off and use the diode matrix of. It actually has the PCB for the matrix divided in several lengths among which is a two octave piece (great!)
I found schematics for this type of thing right here and I even understand them! It seems to me though, that this can be easily done in Arduino, giving many more options if needed, such as building in a sequencer or what not.

Anyway, does anybody know of a schematic and sketch that may help me with this?
I have some DAC0808 aroud somewhere that I could use here by the way (however 2 octaves doesn't need 8 bits, whatever).

Would be lovely!

kind regards,
Niels

Oh yeah this probably shouldn't be in audio/ midi stuff, but where else?

nobody nothing?

Don't have an answer

Oh yeah this probably shouldn't be in audio/ midi stuff, but where else?

Hardware section or Project guidance?

If you repost this question, please state a comment here that the discussion is to be followed in the other section.

Yeah could be worth a try, it's just that I just decided to doe the MFOS thing. The Atmega may be bored to death doing this CV/gate chore. I am thinking about a Roland SH-101 type swquencer now though. I might as well dive into learning to program that stuff, right?

you can google for ad5308 it is a 12 bit dac with 8 in one 24 pin package that the arduino spi port can talk to