sourcing parts help

im not sure if this is the right place to ask but as for parts i am looking to get a bunch of potentiometers and knobs can anyone help me find a decent quality at a verry cheap price im not sure were to look if i were to order 60 the prices i see are like 2-3 bucks a peace thats 180 bucks anyhelp with links or places that you use to find parts at a decent price would be great thanks

http://www.goldmine-elec.com/

cant be picky, but stuff is cheap

thanks i can get 20 10K Slide Pot and 20 50KOhm Linear Taper PC Mounting Potentiometer for 17.20 including shipping thats great thanks

For cheap prices on common electronics parts it's hard to beat Tayda: http://www.taydaelectronics.com/

Pots: Linear - Rotary Potentiometer - Potentiometer / Variable Resistors

Knobs: Search results for: 'potentiometer variable resistors knobs 16'

Lefty

ohh thanks for sharing that one, bookmarked

Osgeld:
ohh thanks for sharing that one, bookmarked

Credit for finding that site goes to CrossRoads. The first night I saw the link I spent about $20 and received around 118 count of a wide variety of components. Love those 10 cent crystal resonators. :wink:

Lefty

Tayda is great for resistors, crystals, power jacks, LEDs, pin headers ect.

I do have a problem with their tact switches though... Lots of bouncing, missed presses and double presses. Definitely a much cheaper variety then what's at Digikey.

+1 for TaydaElectronics! I now buy majority of my stuff there, nothing can beat those prices.
But watch out for some electromechanical parts quality like John_S mentioned. For example their panel mounted DC jacks, are pretty bad. I had to throw out batch that I purchased...
Shipping (to US) is also very cheap, but delivery times vary. Looks like they have warehouse in US so if stock parts you'll get it fast, but sometimes they ship from China and it can take 2 weeks...

I think I spoke too soon in favor of Tayda :frowning:
It's been a month since I placed my last order, and I've been trying to contact them for a week now, not a single reply... Now I desperately need to find comparable and reliable supplier...

bratan:
I think I spoke too soon in favor of Tayda :frowning:
It's been a month since I placed my last order, and I've been trying to contact them for a week now, not a single reply... Now I desperately need to find comparable and reliable supplier...

You can also try DealExtreme. Although electronic components is not their "core business", they have so many different items, you are bound to find what you want. I have purchased several types of components from them, in bulk, such as 2,000 resistors of different values, crystal oscillators, etc.

AlxDroidDev:
You can also try DealExtreme. Although electronic components is not their "core business", they have so many different items, you are bound to find what you want. I have purchased several types of components from them, in bulk, such as 2,000 resistors of different values, crystal oscillators, etc.

Nice, just want I need, their prices are not bad either! Thank you!

michael040990:
im not sure if this is the right place to ask but as for parts i am looking to get a bunch of potentiometers and knobs can anyone help me find a decent quality at a verry cheap price im not sure were to look if i were to order 60 the prices i see are like 2-3 bucks a peace thats 180 bucks anyhelp with links or places that you use to find parts at a decent price would be great thanks

For knobs, order direct from China factory. Markup on knobs by distributors/retailers are ridiculous. If ordered from factory, you can get for less than $1 for a large, solid aluminum milled knob. The same knob would go for $7-10 with US distributors.

For pots... it depends. These are mechanical things, you get what you pay for. You can get a carbon pots for a few cents... while $2-3 for a conductive plastic Bourns is a very good price. $5 for a Bourns CP pot with metal shaft is also a good price. Or get one of those non-branded cheap carbon China pots for a few cents. The Bourns CP pots for example lasts decades without any loss in performance or becomes scratchy, even with old age.