Lines on lcd

Have lines on the display. What is the cause and how do i fix them.

Which display?
They're caused by pixels.
Pixels must be ruthlessly eradicated - they're vermin

Have lines on the display. What is the cause and how do i fix them.

Which display?
How is it wired?
How is it programmed?

Cause is user error, fixing the user is beyond the scope of this forum.

Unknown display. Ribbon cable is fused to glass. See pic for display

I assume you are using the Arduino LiquidCrystal library which is written for an HD44780 (or compatible) controller which can deal with displays having up to 80 characters.

Your display obviously uses a different controller since your display has more characters. On the other hand its controller probably has a somewhat similar instruction set since your display is legible.

That's about all I can come up with given the minimal information you have provided.

I did enjoy reading the early responses.

Don

Cause is user error, fixing the user is beyond the scope of this forum.

Fixing equipment/code for the users are the routine jobs for the Forum Members; besides these routine jobs, the Forum members also take the tasks of fixing the users' minds by bringing them from off-track motivations in to the right-track motivations; there are examples of many successes in these efforts. I was fixed in many situations -- getting convinced based on rational examples that CLKPR is an ordinary register and not an EEPROM type register.

You missed the point.

Don

GolamMostafa:
Fixing equipment/code for the users are the routine jobs for the Forum Members; besides these routine jobs, the Forum members also take the tasks of fixing the users' minds by bringing them from off-track motivations in to the right-track motivations; there are examples of many successes in these efforts. I was fixed in many situations -- getting convinced based on rational examples that CLKPR is an ordinary register and not an EEPROM type register.

Next time you think about posting, consider this faux-code snippet

if (lastTimeYouDidDrugs < twoDays){
dontPost();
}

Thanks.