SAM-BA operation failed on Due

Hi

I started getting this error on sketch upload - then tried another PC and it worked. Then tried the original PC and it worked. Now trying both, and getting the error again on both. Different cable too.

Sometimes it shows some pages loaded. Is my board dud?

And now a sketch uploaded...I can only think the board is faulty.

Which makes me wonder why there isn't adequate QA. This is not acceptable.

The board seemed to get further as it was connected longer ... eventually the full sketch would load (with no hardware changes => the two geniuses).

Now it does not load at all.

Is there an official Due support site?

Is there an official Due support site?

This is it, although not that many people have experience with the Due yet I think.

So far it sounds like you've swapped everything except the Due, that points to a flaky board but you need another one to prove it.

Rob

Thanks Rob- I bought a new board today, no problems with loading. Old board - old problem.

Then I checked the old board under a magnifier - some pins were pushed together (I must have knocked the board at some stage), and there were some minute junk fragments elsewhere. Cleaned it up - now I have two working boards.

Which is not a bad thing...

Good to see you got it working.

Rob

SAM-BA operation failed -> you've connected to the native usb port,

Solution: change the usb cable from the native port to the due programming port :wink:

MorgKrig:
SAM-BA operation failed

For future reference this also occurs when you have RX0 and TX0 connected to another device and try to upload new code.

Hi!

I had the same error message. It turned out that all serial ports of the Due have to be unconnected when you're programming it - after doing so the error ceased.

Hi

I started getting this error on sketch upload - then tried another PC and it worked. Then tried the original PC and it worked. Now trying both, and getting the error again on both. Different cable too.

Sometimes it shows some pages loaded. Is my board dud?

Hi,

I have 1) the same problem (some times); in addition to this, 2) the COM7 sometimes fails and, finally, 3) I am unable to change the baud rate of the communication (Serial monitor).

In the first two I DO manage by using the "switch OFF switch ON" manoeuver (not exactly the computer but disconnecting the cable, then unabling the COM7 port -or mixing these two in underminated proportions and sequence-: normally it all recovers and I keep on working).

(By the way, I've posted several times asking for help to change the baud rate -see image attached-. ¿Would anybody help me?).

In my -humble- opnion what happens is that, as Valentín Canadell stated 25 years ago, "computing is not an exact science" (or, better, he said "I thougth computing was an exact science" just after noticing it is not ;))

(Just for spanish speakers: Valentín Canadell dijo "hostias, yo pensaba que la informática era una ciencia exacta".)

BAUD_RATE.bmp (1.38 MB)

Let me tell you, the same thing happened to me with the MKR Vicor 4000. Baud rate not initialized the same as target? Using Blink I can see the program changes the flash rate when the delay value is changed but every time I still get the same error. NO WHERE in here do I find what the default communication baud rate is for the USB to the Vicor.