Help with mouse input and output?

MorganS:
Well there's where you just stepped over the line. If you had more experience with this forum you would know that the long term contributors will completely stop helping if they think your project is illegal, immoral or dangerous.

You could have left this as a practical excercise in mouse clicking but you have now given enough information that we can be sure that you are cheating.

Please don't give up on Arduino. It's lots of fun. I'm sure you'll have a science project within the next year that you can use your experience to look like some kind of genius to the rest of your team. I am willing to help with any project except this one.

weird_dave:
I knew he was wanting to 'cheat' from the initial post. The thing is, I recall being able to buy joysticks with an autofire feature.
I have seen T's and C's which state that using any software or hardware that may give the player an advantage is not allowed, but where do you draw the line? Faster graphics and CPU clearly give an advantage, as do 4K monitors. Decent sound also falls into this category. OK, so autofire on a mouse isn't exactly normal, but maybe it should be, just like the old joysticks.
Since it is possible to click quite fast manually, I don't think an autofire function gives much advantage (I have seen anticheat reduce the click rate down to human levels if you over-egg it, either it was the anticheat or it wasn't polling the mouse events fast enough :slight_smile: ), it may however reduce the risk of RSI. It may also waste ammo and reduce your hit rate stats.
There are plenty of mice and keyboards which come with macro functionality, it is easy to use these to do a whole bunch of stuff very quickly, obviously giving the player an advantage. The now defunct StarWars Galaxies MMORPG even had a built-in macro system which allowed the players to give themselves advantages.
I suspect that after an initial placebo effect, the perceived advantage will disappear as there is now less control. The user still has to control all the movement and aiming, but no longer has fine control over the amount of ammo used. It would certainly be interesting to find out if this project did have a benefit, if only to then decide if it should be allowed, as it stands it is borderline because we don't have enough information.

I don't really understand what is wrong here or even what I said was wrong. Nothing I am doing with this has a conflict with the rules. If you think I am trying to cheat than like @weird_dave said, Why would I make such a low clicking speed where in fact it will bring me to a disadvantage when you bring in things such as recoil and stuff.
The reason why I am even needing to do this in the first place is I used to be able to click this fast normal clicking 10 clicks per second. However from clicking this fast and so much over time I have developed a problem in my hand (well I have all the symptoms) called Carpal Tunnel which you are probably aware of. I have also gone through many gaming mice in the past that are supposed to last 50 million clicks but since there is so much clicking they break within a month.

I honestly don't see this as cheating as @weird_dave is right I can literally normal click like 10 clicks a second which is as fast as I would need and would have more control then even the best Arduino code. I just don't want the problem in my hand to get worse. If I had real intentions of cheating I would have made my random code click a lot faster than 10-11 clicks a second, because the game likely wouldn't ban if I had it at 20 cps or something.