How do I find my posts or thread?

I lost track of my thread and now I can't find it.

http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts

Where to find this link?

Click your name next to a post.
Then click 'show posts' (underneath avatar).

Or click the 'profile' link from the drop down on the title bar.
Click edit forum profile.
Then you are at the same place clicking your name on a post goes!

1 Like

Thanks. Clicking 'edit forum' is not intuitive to get to show posts.

That's also where you find your draft posts, which is also not intuitive.

Whether intuitive or not it is f--- all use if you want to find a post from 2 or 3 weeks back.

I find the best approach is to use Google and include my user name as one of the search words.
And I bookmark any Threads I think I will need to go back to.

...R

Robin2:
Whether intuitive or not it is f--- all use if you want to find a post from 2 or 3 weeks back.

I find the best approach is to use Google and include my user name as one of the search words.
And I bookmark any Threads I think I will need to go back to.

...R

hah, that's not good.

mistergreen:
hah, that's not good.

Sorry, I don't understand ?

...R

Robin2:
Sorry, I don't understand ?

...R

The forum should make it easy to find things. It's not good where you have to use a search engine.

I think the consensus is that we would all like to see a "view my posts button"

steven61:

The button would only save you the problem of selecting your Profile and then clicking your Posts. That's only useful if you have, say, 20 or 40 in total.

What I would like to see is a list of all the Threads I contribute to - that would make it much easier to find older stuff.

...R

Tell me about it !

...R

steven61:

I second this. Why can't we have such a button? It should be though of as a basic feature of any user discussion forum.

Dido on requesting a 'show posts' or better, 'show threads contributed to' button. Key strokes matter to everyone on line. example: amazon with one click shopping. I bet they patented it.

I think many of the requesters in this thread read the description of the forum section as "ways to improve ...", and this is a way to improve. If some do not want to hear from users on ways to improve or interpret such as whining, I recommend getting rid of this forum section.

Three years later and nothing has changed... maybe next year.

FYI, this is what I see when I click on 'Profile':

Is this forum software written from scratch? Other forums have a more consistent appearance and are easier to use as a result. Perhaps there are reasons not to use existing software like extortionate licensing fees?

seanspotatobusiness:
Is this forum software written from scratch?

You may be surprised to know that it is not. I believe it is based on SMF. However I think some effort has been taken to thwart the best efforts of the SMF folks.

The people who develop and maintain the Forum consistently refuse to participate in this section of the Forum so it is impossible to enquire.

...R

seanspotatobusiness:
Three years later and nothing has changed... maybe next year.

FYI, this is what I see when I click on 'Profile':

I'm curious - what browser are you using?

You might get faster results by adding a request to GitHub:

You know, you could just start posting these improvement suggestions in the "Project Guidance" part of the forum. The Arduino domain is one big project, is it not? Better yet, post it to the "Programming" section, as code is what makes websites possible. At the very least, it would draw the attention of a forum administrator, whether that be good or bad, but attention all the same.

• Dangerously Explosive