Arduino MKR Vidor 4000

Can it capture the image in full rpi camera resolution as save ti somewhere? I know that cpu is powerfull enough to do that, but I was wondering about IDE.

What about the IDE?
I don’t see the relevance here.

All the IDE is, is a system of compiling and uploading programs. As I see it this has nothing to do with displaying images.

What are you expecting it to do?

Hi Cveja!

To answer your question quickly - Yes, the board is capable of capturing full resolution images from a Raspberry Pi camera and saving it somewhere.

To answer your question better - It would be cheaper and easier to use a Raspberry Pi Zero W ($10) to do this. It has everything you need to make what you want work and has TONS of code examples scattered around the internet.

If you are determined to use the Vidor 4000, though, you absolutely can. You will need to either add an SD card to the board via a breakout board (like this) or you will need to write code to transfer data from the Vidor 4000 to your computer (over USB, Wifi, or Bluetooth).

Side note, but "IDE" stands for "Integrated Development Environment". The Arduino IDE, for example, is where you write, compile, and upload code. It doesn't have any image handling capabilities (at the moment anyways).

Thank you for your kind replay!

Yes, the board is capable of capturing full resolution images from a Raspberry Pi camera

No it is not. Have you read the MKR forum section. Obviously not.

See reply #8
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=560517.0

Grumpy_Mike:
No it is not. Have you read the MKR forum section. Obviously not.

See reply #8
Raspberry Pi Camera V2.1 - MKRVIDOR4000 - Arduino Forum

Sorry bub, your snippy attitude doesn't make you right.

Despite the current state of support, I would still say the board is still capable of handling the Raspberry Pi camera. It may take a strategically placed cap, configuration changes, or a delayed camera initialization to prevent a brown out, but the fpga certainly has the processing power needed to interface with the camera at full resolution.

As with any hobby project, it will take some tinkering to get working.

Despite the current state of support, I would still say the board is still capable of handling the Raspberry Pi camera.

It very well may be capable of handling it. But as of today it is not.
Your reply was rubbish and you know it.

If you don’t know it then I suggest this forum is not for you.

We operate with accurate information here and your reply was not accurate.

Grumpy_Mike:
It very well may be capable of handling it. But as of today it is not.
Your reply was rubbish and you know it.

If you don’t know it then I suggest this forum is not for you.

We operate with accurate information here and your reply was not accurate.

I disagree my friend. This is a brand new board that is basically in early beta until Intel signs off on the docs, Dario and Co can release some flavor of a complete BSP, and the community can start improving and fixing things. The argument of "as of today it's not" is akin to someone several years ago saying that software serial is not possible on an duemilanove because it hadn't been implemented yet.

Current implementation status on an infant platform is not a marker of system capability and you know it.

This is rubbish. Some one asked you if it can be done and the answer is as of no it can’t.

These people who post such questions are beginners not researchers or electronic engineers. To take your example which is actually different from this case. If some one would have asked about software serial before a library had been implemented the answere would have been “it can be done but the programming is probably beyond what you can cope with at the moment”.

You have a lot to learn here if you are going to make any sort of valuable contribution here.

These people who post such questions are beginners not researchers or electronic engineers. To take your example which is actually different from this case. If some one would have asked about software serial before a library had been implemented the answere would have been "it can be done but the programming is probably beyond what you can cope with at the moment".

I don't think that it is for you to decide what information or opinions should be accessible to others. It also isn't for you to decide who is a beginner or not. The OP could just as well be a non-native English speaker who is confusing terms.

I also don't think it appropriate to tell people whether or not something is beyond their abilities. As someone of 40+ years experience in electronics, surely you understand that the process of discovery, even if it ends in failure, is invaluable to an engineer or tinkerer. To the same note, I can't tell you how many times I've had people tell me something was beyond me reach to completely smash their expectations out of the park.

You have a lot to learn here if you are going to make any sort of valuable contribution here.

Acting flippant towards people you believe are below you isn't valuable either. You may not agree with my answers or the context in which I present them, but I'm not the one treating people poorly. Keep in mind that the folks on this discussion board are not junior members of your staff and not yours to groom and shape.

If you want to contribute to the discussion, try being civil.

Hi guys,
No need to be rude and so strongly opinionated. I think it's always useful to confront in civil ways respecting other people's positions. About mine on this topic, I already answered a similar question and the answer was yes, if you want to fiddle a bit with RTL and low level code. We DO support pi camera 1.3 and we currently DON'T support pi camera 2.0. we CURRENTLY allow capturing only 640x480 at 15 bits per pixel from the camera and there are no APIs to read from memory but we are releasing a new version of the code that allows reading and writing form/to sdram directly.
With the new source release you're also going to be able to recompile the full fpga image and modify it at your will, if you're able to or want to learn

... Peace!

Hi, can I please get an update on Vidor 4000 Support for Pi Camera V2.1?

I'm curious on getting a few MKR Vidor 4000s for a project, but am waiting to confirm if support is now available.

Thanks!