A6 gprs/gsm

Hi, this is my first time here; I have been trying to set my A6 and it has been horribly frustrating too... Tinkerbear: Can you help me with a scheme or code, please: its not very clear to me. Thank you !!

jdrodriguezmo:
Hi, this is my first time here; I have been trying to set my A6 and it has been horribly frustrating too... Tinkerbear: Can you help me with a scheme or code, please: its not very clear to me. Thank you !!

What have you tried, and what happened? I haven't worked on any software yet, just managed to chat with it via a terminal session. Should be possible with the Serial Monitor in Arduino as well.

Hi Everybody ,

I try the A6 module , works fine via U_RxD and U_TxD 115200 Baud.
With ATD command work the voice call , but no sound both direction.
This is an "development board" from Aliexpress , 3,5mm 4 pole Yack female connector included.
I try connect Samsung headset with pushbutton volume control , maybe not recognized to the mic and speaker?

What possible problem ?
nernoe

Please, help me. I have been trying this tutorial GSM A6 with Arduino–Making a call & sending SMS | alselectro but the module A6-Mini doesn't work :frowning: :frowning: ...

Im Sorry - Translator used ...
I have a clone from the ali -A6 mini - and I started testing via a USB / RS232 adapter to my laptop, Power via adapter. - (no external power).
I tested in the "teraterm" application,
The module sent after the start and set of information ..last + CREG "1
Unfortunately, he did not respond to my command - after a few days I came to that.

The module has baudrate set to AUTO. At the beginning of the communication, it detects the reception rate .. the default 115200 is primarily for TX.
By transmitting AT, the current rhythm is detected, and the module is adaptive.

After using the "ralterm" application, it responded to the first AT.

In the "terraterm" when using the "paste" AT cr lf several times in a row (8x - 15x), the module started to respond. (Baudrate 112500 or 9600 ).

In the "realterm", a sequence of characters is sent at once, but in the "terrater" each character is sent immediately - module A6 is not able to recognize the baudrate.

Then I connected arduino nano- I use softwareserial to 9600 baudrate ..

At the beginning of the loop, I am sending the AT and waiting for the OK - the module will start responding after 9 AT sending.
Then the communication to 9600 - ok.

But another problem - when using a breadboard, the module shines but does not communicate. When connecting via wires (DUPONT) it always runs .... I have not done so yet ....

I have easy program for detect phone number -for opening gate.

P.s. I only have GND, Vcc to +5, Tx to 7 and RX to 8 (not connect PWR pin)

Problems getting the A6 to work. I'm using Elecrow shield on a Uno.

Before destroying something are the following points correct:

1. With the Uno, SoftwareSerial is required at 11500 baud.

2. power_key must be connected to +5V for a couple of seconds. The Elecrow board as a push button to do this. It is also tied to D7 which does nothing. Am I correct that the full 5V are needed so an Arduino output is not adequate. Is it also OK to permanently hardwire this connection so there is no need to press a button?

3. The Uno has an insufficient power supply for the A6. A separate 2A source is needed.

Thanks

Take a look at the page in my signature. Whilst it's not A6 specific it does answer a lot of your questions.

Hello,

I had a bad experience with au Uno+A6 modem in its board version (not new A6 Arduino Shield as you own), regarding SoftwareSerial issues (impossible to get any reply back from AT commands sent...):
did you meet these problems (or any other) with your Uno+A6 shield ?

Please let us know :slight_smile:

Have a good day.

Lou.

Here's a website where someone managed to work the A6+Uno Combo.

JAG Electronics

Why can not I connect to the A6 module through the serial port pin 0 and 1?

I am trying to use A6 module to post data to IBM watson IoT. Which is the best place to get an example?

Hello everyone,

I have problem with my GSM A6 Module, the program runs well but when I unplug and plug the power supply of the module and arduino board, it does not work again ! until I upload a sketch which use serial monitor to communicate with the module by AT command, and then I upload again my program to work again ! it is problem of synchronization between arduino and the module at the beginning when powered up ? what would make the module works olnly one tme until it is powered off ? please can you help me guys !
thankx !

this is the program based on a youtube channel :

#include <SoftwareSerial.h>
SoftwareSerial mySerial(10, 11); // RX-Pin10, TX-Pin11
unsigned char Buff[250];
unsigned char BuffIndex;
boolean Act = false;

void setup()
{
//Serial.begin(4800);
mySerial.begin(9600);
pinMode(9, OUTPUT);
digitalWrite(9,HIGH);
//Serial.println("GSM Tutorial, Valetron Systems @www.raviyp.com ");
delay(3000);
mySerial.println("AT+CMGF=1");
delay(3000);
mySerial.println("AT+CNMI=2,2,0,0,0");
memset(Buff, '\0', 250); // Initialize the string
BuffIndex=5;
}

void SMS_Marche() {

//mySerial.write(0x0D); // hex equivalent of Carraige return
//mySerial.write(0x0A); // hex equivalent of newline
delay(1000);
mySerial.print("AT+CMGS="mynumber");
mySerial.print(char(34)); // "
mySerial.print(char(13)); // CR
mySerial.print('\r'); // hex equivalent of newline
delay(1000);
mySerial.println("Moteur en marche");
delay(500);
mySerial.println(char(26)); //ctrl_z
}

void SMS_Arret() {

delay(1000);
mySerial.print("AT+CMGS="mynumber");
mySerial.print(char(34)); // "
mySerial.print(char(13)); // CR
mySerial.print('\r'); // hex equivalent of newline
delay(1000);
mySerial.println("Moteur en Arret");
delay(500);
mySerial.println(char(26)); //ctrl_z
}

void loop()
{

while(1)
{
if(mySerial.available()>0)
{
Buff[BuffIndex] = mySerial.read();

if((Buff[BuffIndex-1] == 'O') && (Buff[BuffIndex] == 'n'))
{
//Serial.print('\n');
//Serial.write(Buff[BuffIndex-1]);
//Serial.write(Buff[BuffIndex]);
Act=true;
if(Act==true)
{
SMS_Marche();
digitalWrite(9,LOW);
Act=false;
}
}

if( (Buff[BuffIndex-2] == 'O') && (Buff[BuffIndex-1] == 'f') && (Buff[BuffIndex] == 'f'))
{
//Serial.print('\n');
//Serial.write(Buff[BuffIndex-2]);
//Serial.write(Buff[BuffIndex-1]);
//Serial.write(Buff[BuffIndex]);
Act=false;
if(Act==false)
{
SMS_Arret();
digitalWrite(9,HIGH);
Act=true;
}
}

BuffIndex++;
if(BuffIndex>250)
{
BuffIndex=5;
}
}
}

delay(10);
}

Sir i have A6 GSM module and Arduino , please send me code for auto answeing a any call

I have this expirience with Goouuu Tech Mini IOT-GA6 GPRS GSM Module. In all cases Im using arduino IDE Serial monitor and Arduino is connected to PC with USB

1. G6 with CP2102 module. 5V->VCC, GND->GND, RX->TX, TX->RX. PWR not conected. No problems. Module is replying to AT commands, calls and SMS are working. Notice, that as a power source Im using TTL (USB).

2. G6 with Arduino UNO. ARD-5V->VCC, ARD-GND->GND, RX->PIN2, TX->PIN3. PWR not conected. Sometimes there are problems. I think it is beacouse Im using SoftwareSerial at 115200.

3. G6 with Arduino UNO and external 2A source for G6. source-5V->VCC, source-GND->GND, RX->PIN2, TX->PIN3. PWR not conected. Communication is almost not possible beacouse of comunication errors.

4. MY FINAL SOLUTION G6 with Arduino UNO and external 2A source for BOTH. source-5V->G6-VCC->ARD-VIN, source-5V-GND->G6-GND->ARD-GND, RX->PIN2, TX->PIN3. PWR not conected. Works perfectly with almost no errors. Im not very experienced, but I thing the key is to have common GND for Arduino and G6. Not sure if its OK to have external power source and USB connected to PC. Maybe I was lucky and nothing happened.

I am having a set-up where the u_tx and u_rx are upperside connected to rx and tx of USB to TTL converter and using a terminal emulator programme.
Making a voice call to and from A6 vorks, ok.
Sending SMS from A6 works ok (tried via Arduino).

• Sending a mobile SMS to the A6, is received -but the output of A6 is mixed up!!! The text cannot be read and the senders number has pair vice been twistet. (eg. 45 is outputted as 54). See attached pic.
    I do hope anybody can HELP?

A6_GSM_sms.png

Hi
I'm not able to have answer from Goouuu Tech Mini IOT-GA6...

I have connected Goouuu Tech Mini IOT-GA6 to MEGA2560
I used pin10 fro RX, pin11 for TX

I used U_RxD and U_TxD for serial connection to pin 11/10 on Arduino

I tried several code... to test... nothing.

I tried 115200 and 9600 baud.. no success.

GND is alway connected between Arduino board and A6 board

I tried different power supply (one for Arduino, one for A6 board)... no success
I tried to power all from Arduino's USB in order to be sure of the power.... no success

There is no answer from A6( not one)

during all test I used an another phone to call the A6, just to check if it is running. and it was running well.
So I can say... the A6 board is booting up correctly and receive call.(I can't answer off course)

But no Serial communication possible

Any idea?

I saw several time on the web.. to update the firmware of A6.
I'm not happy with this idea... because if I can't dialog for a simple call with A6... what about an update.... too risky.

here bellow the smallest code I used (it is a copy from https://lastminuteengineers.com/a6-gsm-gprs-module-arduino-tutorial/)

Thanks for your support

Claude

//Create software serial object to communicate with A6
SoftwareSerial mySerial(10, 11); // RX=pin10, TX=pin11

void setup()
{
//Begin serial communication with Arduino and Arduino IDE (Serial Monitor)
Serial.begin(9600);

//Begin serial communication with Arduino and A6
mySerial.begin(9600);

Serial.println("Initializing...");
delay(1000);

mySerial.println("AT"); //Once the handshake test is successful, it will back to OK
infos();
updateSerial();

mySerial.println("AT+CSQ"); //Signal quality test, value range is 0-31 , 31 is the best
infos();
updateSerial();

mySerial.println("AT+CCID"); //Read SIM information to confirm whether the SIM is plugged
infos();
updateSerial();

mySerial.println("AT+CREG?"); //Check whether it has registered in the network
infos();
updateSerial();
}

void loop()
{
updateSerial();
}

void infos()
{
Serial.println("...");

}
void updateSerial()
{
delay(500);
while (Serial.available())
{
mySerial.write(Serial.read());//Forward what Serial received to Software Serial Port
}
while(mySerial.available())
{
Serial.write(mySerial.read());//Forward what Software Serial received to Serial Port
}
}

Hello guys Good day. Please I have a problem with a project that am currently working on. I have written a code but the code does not give me the result I want.

bigcoco:
Hi
I'm not able to have answer from Goouuu Tech Mini IOT-GA6...

I have connected Goouuu Tech Mini IOT-GA6 to MEGA2560
I used pin10 fro RX, pin11 for TX

I used U_RxD and U_TxD for serial connection to pin 11/10 on Arduino

I tried several code... to test... nothing.

I tried 115200 and 9600 baud.. no success.

GND is alway connected between Arduino board and A6 board

I tried different power supply (one for Arduino, one for A6 board)... no success
I tried to power all from Arduino's USB in order to be sure of the power.... no success

There is no answer from A6( not one)

during all test I used an another phone to call the A6, just to check if it is running. and it was running well.
So I can say... the A6 board is booting up correctly and receive call.(I can't answer off course)

But no Serial communication possible

Any idea?

I saw several time on the web.. to update the firmware of A6.
I'm not happy with this idea... because if I can't dialog for a simple call with A6... what about an update.... too risky.

here bellow the smallest code I used (it is a copy from In-Depth: Send & Receive SMS & Call with A6 GSM Module & Arduino)

Thanks for your support

Claude

//Create software serial object to communicate with A6
SoftwareSerial mySerial(10, 11); // RX=pin10, TX=pin11

void setup()
{
//Begin serial communication with Arduino and Arduino IDE (Serial Monitor)
Serial.begin(9600);

//Begin serial communication with Arduino and A6
mySerial.begin(9600);

Serial.println("Initializing...");
delay(1000);

mySerial.println("AT"); //Once the handshake test is successful, it will back to OK
infos();
updateSerial();

mySerial.println("AT+CSQ"); //Signal quality test, value range is 0-31 , 31 is the best
infos();
updateSerial();

mySerial.println("AT+CCID"); //Read SIM information to confirm whether the SIM is plugged
infos();
updateSerial();

mySerial.println("AT+CREG?"); //Check whether it has registered in the network
infos();
updateSerial();
}

void loop()
{
updateSerial();
}

void infos()
{
Serial.println("...");

}
void updateSerial()
{
delay(500);
while (Serial.available())
{
mySerial.write(Serial.read());//Forward what Serial received to Software Serial Port
}
while(mySerial.available())
{
Serial.write(mySerial.read());//Forward what Software Serial received to Serial Port
}
}

I am having the same problem with this GSM module... I am able to send the SMS but not able to receive the SMS

Any clue.
Thanks
Rakesh

Kaydow:
Hi , I bought : A6 gprs / gps.

Can you help me to properly connect to a Arduino ? I tried but nothing works /

thank you in advance

Hi, I tell you my experience with an A6 Mini (Goouuu Tech) module connected to a clone of Arduino Nano in a breadboard
I've tried all that's mentioned in this post (send multiple AT's till module syncs, pulling up/down several pins, etc, etc)
Finally, what I just did was connect a HUGE 4700uF capacitor to supply rail, this solved everything
I didn´t connect PWR pin, nor RESET pin, just +5V, GND and Tx/Rx (in 3,3V logic, need to use a level adaptor to speak to Nano board, I used an inexpensive TLL Open Collector AND gate) and it worked perfectly
I settled baudrate to 9600 just once using the AT commands described in the manual, and no need for further adjustement. Every time I connect power, the module boots in 2/3 seconds, NETLED starts flashing and I can start send AT commands
I use SoftwareSerial at 9600 to chat with the A6, taking care of the fact that it´s a HALF DUPLEX software port, you need to carefully program the handshaking with the A6 since it sends local echo to commands
Hope this helps
Regards