Arduino 101 Error: device not responding.

At wits end!!

Most all of b_dunn's situation started happening here as well.

Win 7 64 bit.
Arduino IDE 1.8.5
Real-Time scanning in antivirus off.
Using a USB2 port (many ports tried)

Long log attached but it is the same time-out problem. Can't burn bootloader. Can't load program.

Intel Curie boards 2.02 installed (have tried many other earlier versions)

I have successfully used 2 other 101's in the past. This board is new as I wanted a spare since they are end of life. The point is that this is a relatively new issue as I have programmed 101 boards many times using my current equipment.

Thinking it was a bricked board I loaded a new version of the IDE, again 1.8.5, on a different machine (this laptop has never had the IDE). It worked! I was able to burn a Firmware update and run blink several times without problem. Note the laptop is a 32 bit version of windows 7 (starter) NOT the 64 bit Win 7 as described above. The point is that the board is not bricked.

I have read all of the message in this thread and all of the ones in the sticky troubleshooting thread.

I have tried all of the relevant fixes as far as I can tell. Even a few others. I am an old-timer with these windows problems and sooner or later, I figure it out...but not this time and it is driving me nuts.

I am focusing now on this phenomenon:

When I run dpinst-amd64.exe (in 2.02 drivers) I can force a reload of the 3 relevant drivers:

The Device Driver Installation pops up (in a window that I can't resize or copy and past from) and it shows three drivers "ready to use":
Intel Corp USB (10/13/2015 1.1.0.0)
libusb 1.0 (WinUSB) libusb (WinUSB) devices (10/13/2015)
http//www.intel.com (USBser) Ports (10/13/2015 5.1.2600.0)

Then, when I plug the board in (with the IDE loaded)
I always get a fail on the DFU driver - ALWAYS - unplugged (see attached jpg)
If the serial monitor driver has to also load (depends on restarting the computer) it will successfully load), but the DFU driver always fails.

What the %$@# is going on - can anyone make a suggestion???

error.jpg

Arduino log.txt (11.5 KB)