Best approach to use this type of 'sensor/switch'?

well Im not sure how HASBRO uses them in this fashion then..

and has for over 10+ years.

every single one of their 'sound boards' uses TWO of these switches/sensors.. to detect a SWING on either the X or Y axis.. and have them mounted on their boards/pcb's in the exact same fashion..

1 vertical
1 horizontal

'the 3rd switch'..is for CLASH/HIT tracking events.. nothing to do with SWING events..

I turn on this HASBRO 'toy' and if I swing it.. it makes a sound.. if I 'tilt it'.. it does NOT..

Im not..nor have I implied it was some 'signal' given off by the sensor that told the difference between a SWING and a TILT..

however somehow, somewhere.. in the code Im assuming there has to be some 'control/check' to eliminate a tilt vs a swing..

so again I 'am' saying it is 100% possible..

several other people/comanies do it.. same EXACT hardware.. (I sourced it myself, with same part#'s..etc)

if its a 'timed' thing.. or some other involvement.. who knows (which is why Im asking).. but I can show you a few other 'products' that use this same 2-3 sensor set-up..and do NOT trigger any sound/event when a 'tilt' happens.

I doubt 100's of thousands of these toys all purposely had tarnished/old sensors..

So your saying.. no it is NOT possible.. but yet I have several products that say/prove otherwise?

anyways..
I dont want to argue about IF its possible.. I see it is..

Im curious as to seek out HOW they are doing it..

I have tried with the internal pullup resistor enabled.

(side note: this does NOT work for internal pull DOWN...right?)

anyways.. back on track.. since the sensor only basically gives of a YES or NO (1 or 0) read..

my original suggestion (unless someone knows how other companies are doing it).. maybe trying to time (micros() not millis()) the 'period' between the 1 & 0?

Thanks to anyone with suggestions.

appreciate it. :smiley: