Error message: Trying to connect 16 x 2 lcd to arduino nano

I followed the instructions in this: LCD Module: Connection to Arduino Board With and Without an I2C Module – Eldontronics: Electronics Hobbyist

and followed the "Direct connection" section and I'm just trying to display "HelloWord" using the example under the liquidcrystal library

I'm getting this error message:

Arduino: 1.8.9 (Windows Store 1.8.21.0) (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino Nano, ATmega328P"

WARNING: Category 'Display, Hangul' in library LiquidCrystal_I2C_Hangul is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'
Sketch uses 1902 bytes (6%) of program storage space. Maximum is 30720 bytes.
Global variables use 59 bytes (2%) of dynamic memory, leaving 1989 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2048 bytes.
An error occurred while uploading the sketch

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

melsheik:
I followed the instructions in this: LCD Module: Connection to Arduino Board With and Without an I2C Module – Eldontronics: Electronics Hobbyist

and followed the "Direct connection" section and I'm just trying to display "HelloWord" using the example under the liquidcrystal library

I'm getting this error message:

Arduino: 1.8.9 (Windows Store 1.8.21.0) (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino Nano, ATmega328P"

WARNING: Category 'Display, Hangul' in library LiquidCrystal_I2C_Hangul is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'
Global variables use 59 bytes (2%) of dynamic memory, leaving 1989 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2048 bytes.

Genuine Arduino bought in 2018 or later? Or Older genuine Arduino or clone?

For the latter, select tools -> processor -> 328P (old bootloader). If that does not help, please enable verbose output during upload in file -> preferences and copy the output in a new reply.

Hey, thanks for the reply!

It's a clone. I tried using ATmega328P (Old Bootloader) but that also displayed the following
error message:

Arduino: 1.8.9 (Windows Store 1.8.21.0) (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino Nano, ATmega328P (Old Bootloader)"

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.21.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avrdude -CC:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.21.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\hardware\tools\avr/etc/avrdude.conf -v -patmega328p -carduino -PCOM3 -b57600 -D -Uflash:w:C:\Users\ME489D~1\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_57905/HelloWorld.ino.hex:i

avrdude: Version 6.3-20171130
Copyright (c) 2000-2005 Brian Dean, http://www.bdmicro.com/
Copyright (c) 2007-2014 Joerg Wunsch

System wide configuration file is "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.21.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\hardware\tools\avr/etc/avrdude.conf"

Using Port : COM3
Using Programmer : arduino
Overriding Baud Rate : 57600

OK, that does not tell too much. Usually it gives a hint about what is wrong.

Next step is to get rid of the windows store version and install the normal IDE (current version 1.8.9) from https://www.arduino.cc/download_handler.php?f=/arduino-1.8.9-windows.exe.

The windows store version can exhibit strange behaviour and this might be part of it.

Question: is COM3 indeed the port that shows up in device manager when you connect the board to the PC?

I think ive seen other reports of this behavior with windows store version...

sterretje:
OK, that does not tell too much. Usually it gives a hint about what is wrong.

Next step is to get rid of the windows store version and install the normal IDE (current version 1.8.9) from https://www.arduino.cc/download_handler.php?f=/arduino-1.8.9-windows.exe.

The windows store version can exhibit strange behaviour and this might be part of it.

Question: is COM3 indeed the port that shows up in device manager when you connect the board to the PC?

Yeah I got it working now when I changed the port from COM3 to COM8 which was the one that had the USB. Thanks for the help!