Help identifying ground lead and signal of switch.

Can anyone help me figure out what lead is for what? I can't find any schematics online and the switch didn't come with anything.

Just trying to figure out where my power goes where my ground goes and where the signal wire goes.

Don't connect 5v, gnd and a signal pin as you will damage your arduino.
The three terminal are common, normally open and normally closed just like you find on relays.
How you wire the switch depends on what your using it for. Give us more details and we can help.

This is a single-pole, double-throw switch (SPDT). We don't know anything about how you want to use it...

It's not unusual to use only two of the terminals with a microswitch (common and normally open or common and normally closed). With two terminals it works like an ordinary on-off switch.

If... the 3 connections are power, ground and "signal", signal would go to common ("C"). The power probably goes to normally open ("NO") and ground probably goes to normally closed ("NC"). If it seems to work "backwards", reverse the power & ground.

If power AND ground go the the same switch, NEVER connect power OR ground to common.

Ok Thanks! Yea I did not want to hook anything up until I knew.

I am making a small contraption with the arduino. When I start the arduino it does nothing. But when the button gets pushed the arduino will run through its sequence. I don't really know how to explain it better other than this switch is what initiates my if loop.

Here is the sketch if that would help.

#include <Servo.h>
int button1 = 5;
int press1 = 0;
Servo servo1;
Servo servo2;
int motorPin1 = 3;

void setup()
{
pinMode(button1, INPUT);
servo1.attach(10);
servo1.write(90);
servo2.attach(9);
servo2.write(179);
digitalWrite(5, HIGH);
pinMode(motorPin1, OUTPUT);

}
void loop()
{
press1 = digitalRead(button1);
if (press1 == LOW)
{
servo1.write(179); servo2.write(90);
delay(2000);

digitalWrite(motorPin1, HIGH);
delay(2000);
digitalWrite(motorPin1, LOW);
delay(2000);
servo1.write(90); servo2.write(179);
delay(2000);

}
else {

analogWrite(motorPin1, LOW);

}
}

Can anyone help me figure out how to wire this switch as a normal on or off switch? If the switch gets pushed it closes the circuit otherwise it leaves the circuit open?

Use a multimeter on the "ohms" range to measure the resistance between the various switch contacts. Chose the set of contacts that read zero ohms when the switch is closed.