New user here.

Hi all! My name is Rimants. Of course I did hear about Arduino before, but never had any close contact. Recently friend of mine presented to me this (attachment) module. So, I connected it to PC, downloaded software and found "Blink" example. Loaded the code to the module and it blinks once per second. Great! But that does not mean I know what to do next, as I do not have any periphery equipment to connect.
My primary hobby is satellite TV, so I think Arduino can help me to build positioner for motorized antenna. But I will try to explain what I wish to do in another thread.
I hope that I will get some guidance and advices from all the experienced users.
This was just to say hello.

My guess is you would have to build a servo-controlled antenna that locates and locks-on the source of your satellite TV source. I would begin learning about Arduino by trying demonstration tutorials and obtaining basic parts as required. If you want to get an idea of what is possible, check out blog.arduino.cc/

Hello Rimants. I've not been here long either, but I must say if you abide by the way of the site, you will get excellent help from people here. It is amazing what you will learn in a short time.

Good luck! And greetings from Wales!

Thanks for welcoming. It is about 2 month from the time I got my arduino. I am not saying I learned a lot, just try to do step-by-step and when I am in proper mood and have spare time. But I like the process.

No problem!

So, what sensor are you onto now?

I killed a BMP280 today whilst testing it with an ESP8266 controller! Only set it up yesterday on my Arduino, so had to order another.

John! Some time ago I thought that reed switch is fine, then I discovered that optical sensor is fine as well, Now I more think that hall sensor is the best option.

What for exactly...?

theMusicMan:
What for exactly...?

To generate pulses and afterwards count them by arduino.

There are several ways to accomplish that. What is best for your project, well that's down to you.