DFPlayer Mini Troubleshoot

I have a problem: my problem is that the DFPlayer I have is either officially broken or it's just acting strange here is the wiring: (I need the DFPlayer to play a song just on wiring not digital, also I know that the IC on the schematic is not the same as the DFPlayer).

Here is the video of the problem: video

Your wiring diagram is completely useless. Please post an actual diagram (hand drawn preferably) of your ENTIRE project along with your source code in tags. Also, please post the contents of your SD card.

The right side has a free wire, meaning that the wire will be connected from GND to the other IO pin, here is a schematic for you: Schematic of DFPlayer Mini
here is another wiring diagram of what I am talking about, PLEASE LOOK AT THIS ONEanother schematic. This should be enough information for you. There is no source code.

Everything in your last post is also completely useless because none of it is your project, your wiring, and your code.

UptownKitten:
PLEASE LOOK AT THIS ONEanother schematic

That is a video, not a schematic.

UptownKitten:
There is no source code.

Why not?

Because I am just trying to play music, a test, if you will, and then, I will get to the coding part later.
Links to contents: Funtime Dance Floor,
We Want Out, & Stay Calm. I just converted these into mp3 files.

Here is my wiring: My Wiring

UptownKitten:
Because I am just trying to play music, a test, if you will

All well and good, but that requires correct wiring and code, of which, either can be incorrect

UptownKitten:
Here is my wiring: My Wiring

Your circuit is completely wrong for any application. Please see the following circuit diagram from the DFPlayerMini wiki:

But, why is the DFPlayer Mini blinking instead of playing music because even if I set it up that way, I will just get a blinking DFPlayer. Also, why does it barely even play sound?

I've deleted your other cross post @UptownKitten.

Cross posting is against the rules of the forum. The reason is that duplicate posts can waste the time of the people trying to help. Someone might spend 15 minutes writing a detailed answer on this thread, without knowing that someone else already did the same in the other thread.

Repeated cross posting will result in a suspension from the forum.

In the future, please take some time to pick the forum section that best suits the topic of your question and then only post once to that forum section. This is basic forum etiquette, as explained in the sticky "How to use this forum - please read." post you will find at the top of every forum section. It contains a lot of other useful information. Please read it.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Lets clarify a few things..

1.) The DFPlayer can be used WITH or WITHOUT the assistance of a micro controller.

• you can send (serial) commands to it via micro controller
  • you can trigger playback without a micro controller in either ADKey or IO mode

2.) As to your specific problems.. hard to troubleshoot if you dont want to wire things up the correct way. I see nothing connected to your ADKey or IO pins?.. How are you attempting to trigger play back here?

Hi guys,

I'am new, I have installed dfplayer on my brainboard but nothing happen.

I have used arduino to tranfert electric power to the dfplayer and I have installed speaker and I can hear just like little blast coming from the speaker but nothing more.

The music should play automaticly, I have one mp3 track named 0001.mp3

The led is blue when I use little battery or when I connect the ground to the buzy port.

electric power from arduino :

• Arduino GND -> GND
  • Arduino 5V -> VCC

Speaker:
SPK1 -> Red speaker
SPK2 -> Black Speaker

Tested 4 dfplayer and same issue

Please check picture attached.

Sorry I'am newbie

1.) What does this even mean?

"I am new, I have installed dfplayer on my brainboard but nothing happen."

2.) How are you powering the DFPlayer from the Arduino? (and how and with what are you powering the Arduino?)

I would say normally you should NOT power the DFPlayer for the Arduino.. (probably not enough current)

However.. if you are powering the Arduino from say a +5v USB power bank (ie: dedicated/regulated +5v source)... then powering the DFPlayer from the RAW pin would be fine..

However.... its probably best that both are powered from (after) a +5 voltage regulator of some kind.

Where are the RX/TX lines? Do you have resistors on them? Doesnt look wired up correctly from a quick glance at those images.