'video' on Arduino!! / reasonable speed image drawing from SD/UTFT

There has been several queries about how to improve image drawing speed to TFT displays using the UTFT libraries. I have answered a few of these myself, and TFTLCDCyg has answered a few too :wink: :slight_smile: I have been developing my UTFT_SdRaw library some more, but the feature I am about to describe is hardware specific, it must utilize a CPLD LCD panel.

Unfortunately, I no longer have access to the 32GB Class 6 Samsung SD card I was playing with earlier in November, as such, these performance figures are based on a pretty old 4GB Class 4 none-branded Micro SD.

Palliser Expressed an interest in Video performance a little while ago, and this post hopefully will draw his attention? :slight_smile:

I think as a result of all the experimentation (trial and error!! :-[ ) I have done with SPI.h enabled/disabled and maximum SD read buffer size, I have gone about as far as I can go with the hardware I have available, the result of which is 5.71fps. I know without any doubt a Class 6 SD would improve that, but by how much, I don't know. ( Feel free to volunteer if you have a DUE, CTE TFT shield, CTE CPLD display, class 6 SD card, I would be curious also if anyone has UHS-1 or class 10 cards also as an experiment......)

Apologies for the pretty crud video quality (and subject matter - I thought boobs was possibly asking to be banned :wink: ), as people will know, videoing an LCD is not most successful!!

This is what i have in front of me now. Arduino 'video'

Anybody wishing to help, comment (contructively), assist, feel free to get in touch!! (PLEASE :wink: :smiley: )

Regards,

Graham