Let's Share a Problem Solving of 32*32 1/4 Scan Rate LED Display Panel.

I have two LED panels p10 32*16 1/4 Hub75 and are compatible with RGB adafruit GFX library.

I want to use them above each other and make them work as 32x32 and controlled by Arduino Uno or Mega.
So one number when printed on will be shown as if it's 32x32 Panel, one big whole number.

Does any one has the wiring diagram for that or what should I use or add to make it work?

This idea worked with me using Huidu LED controller Hub08 converted by wiring to Hub75 then converted to control two panels 32x16 one above the other.

I draw funny connections that might need an extra explanation to figure out and are attached below any how.
Check them and ask me I will do my best to make it work if you need it.

So If there is any possibility I can do it with Arduino, please I need to know how?
Thank you.

Threads merged.

Threads merged.

While they are totally different subjects and non of them been solved!!

Hello, thank you for sharing the information. I have been working on the RGB panel produced with the specified library and I can use all the functions. But there's something I can not and can not do. I can not adjust the brightness I want to adjust the brightness with LDR but this is not mentioned in the library at all Does anyone have any information on this topic?
Thank you in advance for the convulsions. My English is not very good. I can give hope.

The photos in reply #8 show only one driver PCB yet on the web page to the product it shows four of these driver PCBs. That suggests to me that the supplier has not sent you what was advertised.

Grumpy_Mike:
The photos in reply #8 show only one driver PCB yet on the web page to the product it shows four of these driver PCBs. That suggests to me that the supplier has not sent you what was advertised.

Sorry that was my fault. :confused:

I just corrected the Product Link in reply #4

Thank you :smiley:

The key to this problem is the driver module. Does it contain any model numbers that you can search for?
Can you post a close up sharp picture showing the connections?
Can you post a schematic of how you have wired it up?

It is too pricey for me to buy one and see.

Grumpy_Mike:
It is too pricey for me to buy one and see.

Do not please
I'll make everything clear as possible as I can.

Will be back.

Grumpy_Mike:
Does it contain any model numbers that you can search for?

I found some of the display control circuit Information I hope it can help:

• The PCB Version of LED Display Module is [P10U4L-RGB32x32(PR5055)-X1305]
  • In attachment there are two PDF files for the board IC Data sheet, The original one is in Chines and the other I tried my best to translate so I attached both to have an original reverence.

Tell me please what connections you mean?

Can you post a schematic of how you have wired it up?

All I can tell it's wired like this and I'm not sure if you mean something else:

Connected to (Arduino UNO)
CLK To 8
LAT To 10
OE To 9
A To A0
B To A1
C (I don't have it on my panel)
D (I don't have it on my panel)
R1 To 2
G1 To 3
B1 To 4
R2 To 5
G2 To 6
B2 To 7
GND To GND

I hope I made it clear and if not please let me know.

pr5055_datasheet_v1_xmoo-ENGLISH.pdf (1.01 MB)

pr5055_datasheet_v1_xmoo-Chinese.pdf (783 KB)

pr5055.png

The connections from the module to the Arduino.

All I can tell it's wired like this and I'm not sure if you mean something else:

I mean a diagram of that table.

A list is all very well but it does not show things like how you have connected the power supplies, how the driver module connects with the LEDs and so on.

how the driver module connects with the LEDs and so on.

Do I need a driver module?
Because I'm not using a one for this project ::slight_smile:

Yes you are it is that PCB on the back of the display, the one that showed four of them on that first link but only one on the corrected link.

Grumpy_Mike:
Yes you are it is that PCB on the back of the display, the one that showed four of them on that first link but only one on the corrected link.

Aha, I thought I would need more driver modules.
That one is fixed to the panel from the factory, I'm trying to unscrew and check if possible.

Did you check the English data sheet in reply #16 ?
I think it tells many things but i'm not that good to figure out whats going on wrong with me that not making the library work fine with my panel.
while it's totally okay with all other panels that I tried with.

In attachment there is a wiring diagram I just draw I hope it will help.

Thanks. I would have thought you would have to wire to both sockets on that driver board, try wiring to the other unused socket and see if you can access the other half of the LEDs. At the moment don’t wire to both sockets at once as you can’t common up all the pins.

That was really something I didn't think About.
I connected to the other port and the first thing I noticed, It powered up the Arduino with out being coneected to the USB port. :grin:
then I tried many times to make sure it gives me the same result and I'm not doing something wrong.
2 times all screen is off
2 times shows the same as in attachment.

That really sames to be logical as we need to plug in two power inputs to one panel :wink:

And I need to mention that I used to have 16x32 Hub75 and only one Hub08 LED Controller where I need to make some tricky wiring to convert between them that includes shorting from R1 B1 G1 on the input port to R2 B2 G2 in the output port.
but this might be another story and more complicated and far away from this case.

I strongly feel we need to connect to both ports but how?
I that was a smart thinking of you. :sunglasses:

Connecting to the other port.png

So to be clear are the LEDs in the part of the display normally out of reach actually changing now? With the parts that changed before not changing?

So to be clear are the LEDs in the part of the display normally out of reach actually changing now? With the parts that changed before not changing?

Nothing but I did some tests using this sheet trying to figure out if it's from the wiring or from the code.

I used this sketch and changing in it gives me different results :

uint64_t row1[128];
//uint32_t row2[32];

uint64_t temp;

int LP = 8;            // Latch Pin
int ClkP = 12;         // Clock Pin
int R1P = 11;          // R1 Pin
int B1P = 10;          // B1 Pin
int G1P = 9;           // G1 Pin
int R2P = 7;           // R2 Pin
int B2P = 6;           // B2 Pin
int G2P = 5;           // G2 Pin
int AP = 2;            // A Pin
int BP = 3;            // B Pin
int CP = 4;            // C Pin
int OEP = 13;          // OE Pin
int row = 0;
uint64_t i;

void setup() {
//set pins to output so you can control the shift register
pinMode(LP, OUTPUT);
pinMode(ClkP, OUTPUT);
pinMode(R1P, OUTPUT);
pinMode(B1P, OUTPUT);
pinMode(G1P, OUTPUT);
pinMode(R2P, OUTPUT);
pinMode(B2P, OUTPUT);
pinMode(G2P, OUTPUT);
pinMode(AP,OUTPUT);
pinMode(BP,OUTPUT);
pinMode(CP,OUTPUT);
pinMode(OEP,OUTPUT);

digitalWrite(AP, LOW);
digitalWrite(BP, LOW);
digitalWrite(CP, LOW);
digitalWrite(LP, LOW);
digitalWrite(OEP, LOW);
row=0;
temp =  0x0000000000000000000000000001;  

//------------------------Paste here:

row1[0]=0xC0C0C0FF030303FFC3C3C7FFC3C3C3FF;                        
row1[1]=0XC0C0C0FF030303FFC3C3CFC0C3C3C303;                       
row1[2]=0xC0C0C0C003030303C3C3DFC1C3C3C3C3;                       
row1[3]=0xC0C0C0C003030303C3C3DFC3C3C3C3C3;                       
row1[4]=0xC0C0C0C003030303DFDFC3C3FBFBC3C3;                       
row1[5]=0xC0C0C0C003030303C0DFC3C303FBC3C3;                       
row1[6]=0xFFC0C0C0FF030303FFDFC3C3FFFBC3C3;                       
row1[7]=0xFFC0C0C0FF030303FFDFC3C3FFFBC3C3;                       

//----------------------------up to here
}

void loop() {
for(row=0; row<4; row++){
   for (i = 0; i < 128; i++)  {
      digitalWrite(B1P, 0);
      digitalWrite(R1P, 0);
      digitalWrite(G1P, !!(row1[row] & (temp << (127-i))));
      digitalWrite(B2P, !!(row1[row+4] & (temp << (127-i))));
      digitalWrite(R2P, 0);
      digitalWrite(G2P, 0);
      digitalWrite(ClkP, HIGH);
      digitalWrite(ClkP, LOW);
      }  
   digitalWrite(OEP, HIGH);
   digitalWrite(LP, HIGH);  
   digitalWrite(AP, !!(row & B00000001));
   digitalWrite(BP, !!(row & B00000010));
   digitalWrite(CP, !!(row & B00000100));
   digitalWrite(OEP, LOW);
   digitalWrite(LP, LOW);  
 shiftOut1(R1P, B1P, G1P, R2P, B2P, G2P, ClkP);
}
}

void shiftOut1(uint64_t R1P1, uint64_t B1P1, uint64_t G1P1, uint64_t R2P1, uint64_t B2P1, uint64_t G2P1, uint64_t ClkP1)
{
}

Result in (here) is the result of the inputs in the Excel sheet from one port and in realty is more clear and okay on just on the Exact right side only.

but then I tried to change in the code with the number 128 to make 64 and (127-i) to be (63-i)
with the same inputs and different drawing and it was giving me double picture of the right side but a little bit pulled down like in (Here).

then I used huidu led controller from only one port with the same wiring and it gave me (This).

So what I figured out the wiring is okay and it can be controlled from only on input port.

and we need to know how we can change in code to make it draw properly on both sides.

Hi WalidAli, did you solve the problem? I have a 32x16 with only A y B pins too.