Arduino in Aircraft Cabin

Hi all,

I take the airplane in less than 3 hours. I must bring an arduino starter kit.
I don't have cargo luggage, I must take it in cabin.

=> Is there any forbidden component in the starter kit ????

I will be very disapointed if the security guy throw me some components !!

Meric

Do you have the list of forbidden items?

I would be surprised if there is a problem but the only way to get an official answer is to ask the airport security folks.

...R

If it has any big seven segment displays connected, take them off now.

AWOL:
If it has any big seven segment displays connected, take them off now.

Or make sure the countdown won't expire until long after the flight lands :slight_smile:

...R

Robin2:
Do you have the list of forbidden items?

I would be surprised if there is a problem but the only way to get an official answer is to ask the airport security folks.

...R

Yes, I would agree, let them know what you have before they discover it and make the wrong assumptions.
I will watch the NBC news tonight to see if they did...
Tom.... :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

:wink: :smiley: Sure , I must avoid the countdown joke :smiley:

OK, I test it. To be less suspicious, I put the kit out of my luggage, with my PC.
The X-ray guy observe it for a while, take it when it come out of the machine, have a look at me, gave a faint smile, and finally release it.

Arduino + Starter Kit are suitable for Cabin.

Hi,
Whats to stop you going to aircraft toilet and assembling the kit?
How much C4 can you hide in a small deodorant can?
Use Laptop USB to power.

Mac (MacGiver) would have thought of something.

Tom... :slight_smile:
PS. Make note: Do not say that again, (Homeland Security email Scan) and "TGs and Martha Gardener's Handbook of Sneaky Ideas with Kitchen Products", is not to be sold online.

I gotta quit responding before I read the whole thread!

The tech guy in charge spotted another tech guy. Problem solved. Only slightly dangerous. :smiling_imp:

Meric:
Arduino + Starter Kit are suitable for Cabin.

It is not wise to assume that what applied in one situation will apply in every situation :slight_smile:

...R

If you don't look middle eastern you are probably fine.... otherwise it's probably best to leave it a home.

lmao!
Be sure to remove all red and blue wires - that'll have 'em confused for hours.

From what I think I've read, a cheap Casio watch is the sure sign!

One third of Muslims are white. It's not a race, it's a religion with a violent radical fringe which is not exactly unique is it? Long history shows that good and bad aren't birth traits.

^wont stop people from believing what they believe... never does.

GoForSmoke:
One third of Muslims are white. It's not a race, it's a religion with a violent radical fringe which is not exactly unique is it?

No shortage of "Christian" psychopaths - think Northern Ireland, for example.

...R

Robin2:
No shortage of "Christian" psychopaths - think Northern Ireland, for example.

...R

I remember when IRA terrorism was the regular thing. The Italians I knew still hadn't lived down the Mafia stigma.

The divisionist politicians that stir up group hatred for power are sick asshats that always make thing worse, then blame their targets for the problem. I'd use an ! there but this crap is just too f__king old except for the new crop of idiots who haven't learned and of course the old idiots who never learned better.

GoForSmoke:
One third of Muslims are white.

There must be a ton bunch of whites in Indonesia (source Pew Research)....

... which could also explain the drug problem-lol.