Please accomodate another option the TFT Library Reference page

Dear Arduino development team.
Recently I was using a generic 1.8" 128x164 ST7735 TFT screen (Not the official one as I couldn't find it in stores near me ) with the TFT library and soon felt into a situation.

I was trying to use other Pins for the SPI bus and not the default ones for Arduino Mega/Uno and on trying out the declaration of the TFT object as such:

TFT TFTscreen = TFT(CS, DC, MOSI, SCLK, RESET);

I threw me errors:
'error: no matching function for call to 'TFT::TFT(int, int, int, int, int)'

Then after following this thread, I figured out the solution which I have to say is a bit weird.

Could you please temporarily update this in your reference section of TFT Library or if it exists, make it a bit more findable as then people might find it easier?

Thank you.

I submitted a pull request some months ago to make the library work as promised by the documentation:

but so far it has not received any attention. Hopefully it will eventually be merged. I think this is a better solution than changing the documentation.

It might be helpful if you were to try my version of the library out and let me know whether it works. I don't own a TFT display so I can't test it myself. My statement to that effect in the pull request might have made merging it a lower priority for the Arduino developers.

pert:
It might be helpful if you were to try my version of the library out and let me know whether it works. I don't own a TFT display so I can't test it myself. My statement to that effect in the pull request might have made merging it a lower priority for the Arduino developers.

This works. Sorry for the late reply. and thanks

I'm glad to hear it works for you!