SM-S8466M servo

Im using springrc Digital servo SM-S8466M and I have difficulties to even make it move. I hope if anyone have used that kind of servos i will appreciate the help. I dnt know if the power not right or the coding.. sometime it makes sound with no movement.

Hi RAHMAN123.
How are you powering the servo, not from the arduino I hope? If you are then that is the problem, never try powering motors or servos ftom the arduino (you could kill it). You must always use a seperate power supply or battery pack for these, BUT must connect the Gnds together.

Give that a try, let us see your circuit/schematic and the code, to help more.

Regards

Mel.

Hello Mell,

Thank you for your help. I use 4x1.5v battery (AAA) ,I connect white wire to pin 6..

I have tried to use Knob example with potentiometer ( the servo is Digital i dont know if that makes a different)

Best regards,

Rahman

I dnt even know if this servo works or not.. I just bought it from

It just make buzz sound and no movement.. and no much details about it on the web..

Hi RAHMAN123,
Is this another servo, a big 'un by the description, do you need something that size?? It will need lots of current to drive it, I would imagane, so have you the power to drive it? 4 x AA what?
You say you connect the signal to pin-6, but what does your code say, we need to see you code (in code tabs please), so we can check that out too, what are you asking the servo to do?

Regards

Mel.

Hello Mel,

Yes, it is a big servo. I need it for robotic arm. What I want it to do is just to move so I know it is working.
I power it with battery AAA, i use 4 of them, each 1.5V.. and I tried using nokia adopter 5v, 350A.. I have tried this code. simple one just to test but not working with me..

#include <Servo.h>

Servo myservo; // create servo object to control a servo
// twelve servo objects can be created on most boards

int pos = 0; // variable to store the servo position

void setup()
{
myservo.attach(6); // attaches the servo on pin 9 to the servo object
}

void loop()
{
for(pos = -90; pos <= 90; pos += 1) // goes from 0 degrees to 180 degrees
{ // in steps of 1 degree
myservo.write(pos); // tell servo to go to position in variable 'pos'
delay(15); // waits 15ms for the servo to reach the position
}
for(pos = 90; pos>=0; pos-=1) // goes from 180 degrees to 0 degrees
{
myservo.write(pos); // tell servo to go to position in variable 'pos'
delay(5); // waits 15ms for the servo to reach the position
}
}

regards,

Rahman

Hi RAHMAN123,

for(pos = -90; pos <= 90; pos += 1)

Try changing += to -1? perhaps your counting in the wrong direction?? as you start with a negative number? If it's already at one end, you may be trying to force it against the end stop, which could damage it..

AAA batteries completly useless, they just can't supply the 1A and more that your servo needs. You really need some good quality AA Nimh rated at 2700mA at least..

Many servo and motor problems are down to poor power....

Regards

Mel.

Hello Mel,

The problem is solved.. the power was not enough to run the servo.. I had to make sure the servo getting 5v and 1Am at least. I used Adopter and it works fine for now.. Thank you very much for your attention.

Best regards,

Rahman