Installing drivers on arduino nano

Yes the error message is the same and in the device manager it says mine says USB-Serial CH340 (COM5) which is the port it is currently plugged in to if I plug it into com 4 it says USB-Serial CH340 (COM4).

Thanks so much.

It is NOT plugged into a COM PORT it emulates one.
There is a major difference...

Real Arduinos use the VID&PID etc so the computer knows what it should represent as a COM port.

The CH340 based boards are different in that respect and can change the COM number depending on the USB port they are plugged into.

In the IDE you need to select the port that windows shows in device manager after you connect the board. Did you?

So if device manager states COM4, select COM4 in the IDE.

After a failed upload, are the available com ports in the IDE and device manager still the same? Or did they change?

Although antivirus software usually will not result in "not found", it might be worth a try to temporarily disable your antivirus software and see if that solves the problem.

@ArduinoTechs I installed ch341g driver but now what do I do how do I have it help me upload the code.

Thanks so much.

@ballscrewbob are you saying the problem is the board because if you are I do not think it is the board because I bought the board from the official Arduino website and I have another Nano from Newark element 14 and when I upload the code to that board I get the same area so I do not think it is the board. However, I am not sure if you are saying it is the board. Could you please clarify.

Thanks so much.

I had to read the whole post as it is getting a little long.

OK so you have an OFFICIAL NANO.

In that case when you installed the IDE the correct drivers should have been installed unless you had any errors or warnings during the IDE install that we do not know about ?

That you can see the correct port both in device manager and the IDE would indicate no issues so not sure anymore why you say you need a new driver.

It looks like driver wise and port wise you are good to start uploading.

If what I said above is all true then its time to move onto uploading a sketch.

I had that same stupid problem yesterday when using a programmer on my Win7 system; AVRdude could not find the port although it was visible in both device manager and IDE and selected in the IDE.

A reboot solved the issue for me; must be a Windows thing :wink:

So are you saying to reboot my computer sterretje.

Thanks so much.

I restarted and updated my computer the Arduino IDE also said updates were available for the boards so I updated that to and I still get the same error message when I upload my code.

Thanks so much.

Do you get the same error if you just have the NANO connected (removed from your other PCB) with NOTHING else connected to the board using either the OLD or the new bootloader ?

Beginning to suspect it may be something you have or had connected to the board.
A schematic might also be useful for your project at this time too.

No I still get the same error when I upload the code to the Nano when it is not connected to anything. Also I never drew a schematic for my project.

Thanks so much.

When I change the Processor to ATMege328P(Old Bootloader) instead of ATMega328P I get the error message "port busy"

Someone please tell me how to get the code on to my board should I try using a different computer?

Thanks.

ChickenLittle:
When I change the Processor to ATMege328P(Old Bootloader) instead of ATMega328P I get the error message "port busy"

It might still have been busy with a previous attempt to upload.

ChickenLittle:
Someone please tell me how to get the code on to my board should I try using a different computer?

Of course you can and should try. Do you still get the "comX not found" error?

And buy another Nano; nobody knows what you have done with this one except you. Try that one without connecting it to your circuit.

And provide a schematic; I know you did not make one but make one now so we can have an idea what possibly can be / can have gone wrong.

Okay I will buy another Arduino NANO.

Actually never mind I fixed the problem without getting another board.

So thanks to everyone for your help.

ChickenLittle please take a minute to describe your solution. That will help anyone else who has the same problem in the future and finds this thread. The information will also help us to do a better job providing support.

how to instal driver

@muhammadroman

Could you read the posts at the top of the forum sections please.
So little information in your post does not always get you the best answers.

Bob.