How many work between a CS major and EE major overlaps in the industry?

Robin2:
Even where people choose to work in the same career as their degree one hears stories from industry that people coming out of college no nothing about industry (or business) and have to be taught the most basic stuff. So employers like people who are good at learning and who usually do a little extra. Internships give you an opportunity to demonstrate that.

Well then, I believe you still wouldn't pick a Computer Science/Software Engineering major to design your PCB in CAD. Because switching from CS to EE even if the person is a fast-learner is not really practical. Unless, he has solid ground in the electronics. That is a different case. Switching from EE to CS is relevant because you learn quite a few CS subjects(ofc depending on the institute too).

But I still hope you can answer my questions(if not all, a few) based purely on their major and how would the industry pick them considering that the overlapping between CS and EE is quite a lot.

SurfingDude:
The choice of school is also relevant. Some schools think CS means the internet, others think it means programming. With Microcontrollers much of the work consists of using technologies and hooking them up rather than designing them and some good EEs become bad programmers while some CS folks don't understand what happens with high frequency signals.

That is another nice point to consider. In my institute(I don't know about others), the CS students are afraid of the analog oscilloscopes while the EE students can't even understand arrays and pointers.

But I think this thread is not getting much response and maybe because I am not in the correct forum.