Arduino Drone (improve stability)

Hello, I have recently started building a drone using an arduino pro nano.The drone works well, but i am having a really bad time making the drone take off completelly vertically and stay completelly stationary while you do not use the remote control.Do you know any factor that plays role at drone's stability. Ι have tried to minimize the noise, that gyro read(mpu-6050), from the motors and the propellers by sticking tapes to them and helped a lot but still the drone is not so stable.Bellow is the hardware i am using because i am wondering if is it possible to have a really stable drone with those.

Hardware

1. 4* 1000kVmotor with 1045 propeller and 30A Esc
  2. F450 chassis
  3. arduino pro nano
  4. mpu-6050

Thank you a lot for your time.

Hi akiskaps,

Have you activated the MPU6050 on-chip filter?

Ideally, it needs to be set at 20Hz.

MartinL:
Hi akiskaps,

Have you activated the MPU6050 on-chip filter?

Ideally, it needs to be set at 20Hz.

Thank you for your answer!
Don't think so (the code is not mine), first time i hear this, can you give me more informations or a link?

The MPU6050's Digital Low Pass Filter can be set in its configuration (CONFIG) register.

This is detailed on page 13 in the MPU6000 and MPU6050 Register Map Document: https://www.invensense.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/MPU-6000-Register-Map1.pdf.

MartinL:
The MPU6050's Digital Low Pass Filter can be set in its configuration (CONFIG) register.

This is detailed on page 13 in the MPU6000 and MPU6050 Register Map Document: https://www.invensense.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/MPU-6000-Register-Map1.pdf.

Oh that is very interesting, there is allready a filter used in the code to reduce noise, so that's not my case. I just found that i have to calculate the correct PID values in order to have a more stable quadcopter. Does anoyone knows any other advice or tip on how to make a perfetly stable drone ?

akiskaps:
Does anoyone knows any other advice or tip on how to make a perfetly stable drone ?

Perfect, good luck with that.

You might want to look into what a Optical Flow sensor or a TOF can do for you in relation to stability of a drone.

Idahowalker:
Perfect, good luck with that.

You might want to look into what a Optical Flow sensor or a TOF can do for you in relation to stability of a drone.

I searched for those terms and i am prety confused...
Is TOF like ultrasonic sensor? Optical Flow sensor seems to stabilizes the drone very well but i couldn't find any to buy except one brand that is really expensive. Can you suggest me any ?

Thanks a lot for the info!

entering "time of flight sensor" into my favorite search engine nets all sorts of information on TOF sensors.

I like the TFMini but I use it for LIDAR imaging.