Menu Manager

A "simple" menu manager is now available at Arduinology

It was created because ... I wanted to be able to control different options within a larger project. Perhaps others have a similar need.

It is not necessarily a canonical or the best possible model, but is working sufficiently well for the project's needs.

Comments welcome - give it a try!

Cheers,

Thanks for sharing.

I've created something that can do similar thing. The phi-prompt. It takes inputs from users, numbers, lists (yes menus are created as lists), and text inputs. Just FYI.

Hi luidr,

Very neat projects on your site!
Slightly different applications for each of the two menu systems, each has its own strengths.
The way yours handles inputs is cool.

Mine is more oriented to terminals in this version.

Anyway, the more these get exposure, the more the community benefits from choice and example.

Cheers,

tjw7, why don't you put your library on the official playground?

http://arduino.cc/playground/Main/InterfacingWithHardware#ui

I started the UI category sometime ago. You can start an entry under the text-user-interface, say tjw7 menu manager and share your code if you're ready.

luidr,
Thanks for the suggestion - quite the compliment!

To prevent my ego from getting too large too quickly, I'll invite code criticism so that what eventually gets posted is reasonably clean.

Cheers,

Don't worry. People will ask you "strange" questions, some of which will help you improve your code :slight_smile:

Ok luidr, it is posted!
I'll provide some updates that simplify things in a few days time.
Further comments welcome!
Cheers,