pulse width / period measurment with offset

wvmarle:
There is no such thing as instant rise time. That's impossible. Stray capacitance and inductance of your wires alone prevent that from happening, that's just real world physics at play.

A quick Google search showed that the reaction time of relays is typically 5-15 ms. So that's 7 orders of magnitude greater than the time scale you want to work with. You may be able to find faster relays but physics get in the way of moving those contacts that much faster.

You mention you have periods of 3.759 ms, which is shorter than even the on or off switching time of a relay. A complete on/off cycle takes double the time given above, so 10-30 ms. This alone makes an electromechanical relay a no-go for your application.

The 5 to 15ms reaction time will not be consistent for a particular relay, so you using a relay you have a built in deviation for each activation from what you want of up to 15ms.
A MOSFET will be consistent and fast in its response.
Can you provide a diagram of your apparatus and a diagram/graph of the response you need from the timing circuit.
Can you please tell us your electronics, programming, Arduino, hardware experience?

perpetual motion NO but over-unity has been proven without a doubt in certain electrical devices...
so yes you know what I am working towards but no it is NOT perpetual motion.

During the very very small time when a source is connected to a load BEFORE the electrons move ohms law does not work.

After that very brief moment everything is calculated as normal per ohms law....
also when current is flowing in an inductive load and the source is disconnected for a very brief moment the same happens in reverse and the coil becomes the "source".

when done correctly it becomes an open thermodynamic system which absorbs energy from around the coil during those moments.

Think of it like this, if you use a 20 volt drill and drill a hole into a dam then hook a generator/hydro plant to that you get more energy out of the damn then you put in to release that energy because mother nature provides the power via rain.

In certain electrical systems, this can be used and an analogous way. you use a small input pulse to trigger an event that puts the coil into a state that allows it to absorb energy from something other than your source battery.

There are systems that have been proven to do this by many many people...the problem is finding what gets the "most" extra energy into the system.

Tesla called it radiant electricity. those moments have effects that can not be explained by current electrical theory.
for instance, if you put a radio in a Faraday cage that is grounded no radio waves or RF of any kind should be able to get to the radio,
but if you run one of these motors that cause these events you can hear ticks on the radio every time the contacts are connected or disconnected. along with many other weird effects. The current machine i am working on is based off of US6392370B1 - Device and method of a back EMF permanent electromagnetic motor generator - Google Patents .

There are systems that have been proven to do this by many many people...the problem is finding what gets the "most" extra energy into the system.

[soapbox]
If you can get even 5% more energy out than you put in, then why isn't it available now?
5% would revolutionary.
1000W in out of my mains supply, (Easy) and the machine gives me an extra 50W, give it to me.
50W of extra LED lighting for free in a factory lighting situation for every 1000W, got to save money, so why aren't we seeing this now?
I appreciate that there has to be experimenters out there prepared to deviate from the norm, but the demonstrations that I have seen of over unity either;

• use black boxes that are never disclosed.
  • show apparatus, but never any details on coil construction or circuit description.
  • use very unorthodox methods of measuring energy in and out, so efficiency/over unity calcs are not valid.
  • the demonstrator confuses Potential and Kinetic Energy.
  • has the fixation that back EMF from a disconnecting coil is extra energy coming out of the ether.

[/soapbox]
Tom.. :slight_smile: