IDE 1.8.0 Released -- update: 1.8.10

When the windows store app update comes?
... and dark mode? :stuck_out_tongue:

THOR-00:
When the windows store app update comes?

Is it still all the way back at 1.6.11?

I've installed arduino 1.8 (exe) on Windows 7, but I can't get access to the Ports sub-menu. I have an Arduino M0 Pro installed and the USB connection verifies that (it says under Device Manager, USB Devices: Arduino M0 Pro), but it doesn't have a COM number. Please advise.

On Win 10, sketches uploaded to mega2560 fine before 1.6.13
When upgraded to 1.6.13
The following started to happen:
avrdude: stk500v2_recv(): checksum error

Happened to clone and non-clone

IDE1.8.0 fixed the problem.

Hi

I agree 1.8.1 fix the font issue for me.

Thks a lot

I installed 1.8.0 to my xp platform...

1/ it seems a lot slower than my previous 1.6.9 installation.

2/ on running a good sketch and trying to upload to a nano, it wouldn't, and provided the trace below in red..

java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "REMOVE/bin/avrdude": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified
at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1048)
at processing.app.helpers.ProcessUtils.exec(ProcessUtils.java:26)
at cc.arduino.packages.Uploader.executeUploadCommand(Uploader.java:129)
at cc.arduino.packages.uploaders.SerialUploader.uploadUsingPreferences(SerialUploader.java:207)
at cc.arduino.UploaderUtils.upload(UploaderUtils.java:78)
at processing.app.SketchController.upload(SketchController.java:709)
at processing.app.SketchController.exportApplet(SketchController.java:682)
at processing.app.Editor$DefaultExportHandler.run(Editor.java:2190)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified
at java.lang.ProcessImpl.create(Native Method)
at java.lang.ProcessImpl.(ProcessImpl.java:386)
at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:137)
at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1029)
... 8 more
An error occurred while uploading the sketch

any ideas ?thanks

Allan

WTF, 1.8.0 forgot again how to save main window size on IDE closing? 1.6.* knew it!

I had a great problem with SD cards in IDE 1,8. After installing previous version everything is OK!
For more details please read my last post. I have lost 4 days :frowning:
What is wrong with 1,8 and SD cards?

Best regards, Pawel

Great problem with ide 1.8 and SD cards. Pleas read this! After installing 1.7.11 from Arduino.org, everything works!

https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=445369.0

best regards, Pawel

everything works fine on my mac sierra, but the pixelated icons. any solution?

Well, that was quick!

[nobbc]
ARDUINO 1.8.1 - 2017.01.09

[ide]
* Fixed font rendering not anti-aliased on Windows (regression)
* Increased number of colors on serial plotter to 8, thanks @cousteaulecommandant

[libraries]
* Fixed regression in SD library. Thanks @greiman
[/nobbc]

1.0.1, 1.8, 1.8.1 don't upload on either Win7 or Win8. I've had it. Arduino is crap and I have no idea why.
Chuck Lippmeier

Who cares about fixing some font problem if I still can't upload even Blinky to the UNO.

I didn't have any problem downloading the .zip file, unzipping it, and then running the Arduino.exe.
I don't install it, I just run the .exe.

WIn7 Pro at home. 1.8 does take a while to start, and complains about spaces in the name of some folder which I've been ignoring.

@ chucklippmeier

Besides giving ZERO information as to your issues I am not sure even a crystal ball would help.

Start HERE please

Followed closely by HERE

Then HERE

I am sure they will get you started on the RIGHT path to asking for help.

Get error message below when clicking any arduino.cc link in the Help menu. However, entering link to arduino.cc pages directly in browser does not give error. I think problem started with IDE 1.8.0. I'm using Win-10. I frequently used the Reference page link in the IDE Help menu to look up C++ commands. Going to any of the web links from within the IDE forces the IDE to close (with err message below). My work-aground is to create these links on my desktop, but find it handy to access them from within the IDE Help menu. Ideas anyone?

Java(TM) Platform SE binary has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

[Close program]

1.8.1 great after 1.8.0, fonts fixed, window's size saved ok!

Just curious how 1.8.1 knows if your libraries are out of date? Is there a library repository somewhere?
This feature is much needed btw :thump

I haven't updated since 1.6.1.

mistergreen:
Just curious how 1.8.1 knows if your libraries are out of date? Is there a library repository somewhere?
This feature is much needed btw :thump

I haven't updated since 1.6.1.

You really should update your IDE. There are many new features and fixes since then.
The library manager was added in 1.6.2 and is a fantastic new feature.
https://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Libraries

mistergreen:
Just curious how 1.8.1 knows if your libraries are out of date?

Just a note, updatable library notifications only happen for libraries that have been added to the Library Manager database so if you manually install a library you may still want to check back where you got it from occasionally to see if there have been updates.