Newbie - Guitar effect control and MIDI interface

Dear Support Forum

I am new to the Arduino environment and looking to see best options for the following MIDI question:

Background:

I have an analog guitar effect pedal that I have built. This pedal that allows me to shape my guitar sound via 6 SPST switches that can be manually manipulated (e.g. press on/off). For example, if I press down SW1 and SW2, the sound is "summed up" via the internal electronics of this pedal and sent to an audio analog output.

Problem:

I would like to send MIDI commands from my DAW sequencer to this pedal via an Arduino interface. Ideally, I would to control the SPST switches from my sequencer. For example, at Bar 110 of my sequencer, I would like to send MIDI commands that turns on SW1 and SW2 without having to manually press the SPST switches.

Question

1. What Arduino interface would allow me to do this?
  2. Are there any SDK for an Arduino MIDI interface?.

Thanks

Philippe

Using the Arduino Micro or Leonardo will allow you to use the USB MIDI libiary and let the Arduino look like a USB HID MIDI interface. This could then receive data from your PC as a MIDI device which would allow you to set or clear switches.

The actual electronic interface between the Arduino and the effects peddle will depend on the circuit of your effects peddle and what the switches are carrying. At the worst you can use relays to control the switches but you should be able to do it solid state ( no clicks ) with a bit of careful design.

Are there any SDK for an Arduino MIDI interface?.

Yes the USB MIDI libiary is documented. Start here MIDIUSB - Arduino Reference

Can you write code for an Arduino?

Thank you so much for the links....I will review

Mike....these links were very helpful. I just got my kit today and will begin working on this project

Thanks you again for your help