Active user groups

Check the AUG page for your location, it may be up now. I was never informed, but OlyMEGA is on the map, now.

Still no update about our request to start AUG at Gurgaon, India. Can't see it yet on the AUG map.

We are a group of 435 students from grade 6 to 12 and 63 teachers. We meet thrice a week to work on Arduino platform and build projects related to what we study in the classroom.

I believe some recognition from the AUG community will do us good and motivate our kids.

A humble reminder to consider our application.

polymorph:
Check the AUG page for your location, it may be up now. I was never informed, but OlyMEGA is on the map, now.

Humble reminder!

Apologies for thread bombing.

atl_dpsgurgaon:
Still no update about our request to start AUG at Gurgaon, India. Can't see it yet on the AUG map.

We are a group of 435 students from grade 6 to 12 and 63 teachers. We meet thrice a week to work on Arduino platform and build projects related to what we study in the classroom.

I believe some recognition from the AUG community will do us good and motivate our kids.

atl_sajs/atl_dpsgurgaon please stop posting everything twice. It is annoying. If you must, post once, and mention both cities. But if I were you I would give up. Clearly no-one who can influence AUG applications is reading this thread.

Thread adjusted.

London UK

London Hackspace is pleased to announce the restart of it's "Not just Arduino" meetings in it's new location at Ujima House, 388 High Road, Wembley, HA9 6AR. The next two meetings will be on Thursday 13/12/2018 and Thursday 20/12/2018, both from 7:00PM. For more details, see our events calendar.
Hackspace members and non-members are welcome. Beginners are especially welcome.
In the new year we hope to start regular fortnightly meetings.

This is very user-unfriendly.

polymorph:

What is?

atl_dpsgurgaon:

I have been waiting a response to my multiple attempts to get a group moving in Myanmar aimed at empowering the primary, secondary ad teriary education sectors.
Nothing
Zilch
Zero
No responses to my queries.
Sad that communications are so poor.

polymorph:

AWOL:
What is?

Seriously? Have you been following this thread?

polymorph:
Seriously? Have you been following this thread?

Steve, AWOL started this thread, and I posted the first reply. I don't understand why you are saying it is not user friendly either. This thread is no different to any other thread on the forum, as far as I can see. Anyone can reply, add attachments etc. So what were your expectations of this thread? What would make it more user friendly, for you?

Everyone should realize that Arduino corporate does not check this forum for input. Valentina, from Arduino occasionally posts here, but for the most part, the forums are autonomous.

I think the most important thing that the Arduino corporation does for this forum is pay for the infrastructure of the forum itself. Advertising space on the forum is minimal, unlike many other forums where, in order to pay for those forums to be free for their members, the advertising is extremely intrusive, dominating each page and making those forums pretty horrible to use.

There is an ad right below your post Paul. It's been the same one since they started, I wonder how effective that is.

PaulRB:
Steve, AWOL started this thread, and I posted the first reply. I don't understand why you are saying it is not user friendly either. This thread is no different to any other thread on the forum, as far as I can see. Anyone can reply, add attachments etc. So what were your expectations of this thread? What would make it more user friendly, for you?

My apologies for not being more clear. I meant that the Arduino User Group program is not very user friendly. It took a very long time for my application to get posted, and no one emailed me, I had to find out by digging for user groups nearby.

The method for posting projects is not very clear. I just gave it up as not worth it.

PaulRB:

The irony of this post will kill us sooner than the delays in approving our applications. So many people have been constantly trying to start a user group but somehow our applications just won't move forward.

Since you ask, our expectation from the thread is to get help and update with our application.

atl_dpsgurgaon:
Since you ask, our expectation from the thread is to get help and update with our application.

I think I understand your frustration. You need somewhere to rage about that frustration. And this forum belongs to Arduino corporation, so it seems like the right outlet for those emotions. But the thread was started by AWOL, who is a global moderator but is not employed by Arduino corporation. He's a trusted volunteer but, as far as I know, has no influence or special channel of communication with the corporation. I think he created this thread in good faith for any Arduino related groups to reach out to like minded individuals. He, like myself, was not aware of the pent-up frustration of those trying hard to establish these official Arduino groups.

I've been frustrated trying to start a user group too, for more than six months!
I have mailed several times as well but have never had the basic courtesy if a reply.
Whilst I understand and respect the fact that this effort was set up by well meaning volunteers and enthusiasts, I do think that, now that this is truly global and in the era of IoT, that the follow up could be more professional.
If the User Group membership is managed by a volunteer, perhaps it is time to either let someone else who can devote some time/interest to it, or to broaden it and operate it on a moderator-type basis to ensure that these groups are adequately supported.

The point I'm trying to make is that the people who process user group requests don't read this forum. It's pointless complaining about it here.