Can't get new UNO WiFi Rev2 to connect to (or see) an

My UNO WiFi Rev2 just arrived today and everything seems to be working fine except the wifi. When I run either the ScanNetworks or the ScanNetworksAdvanced sample program, here's the result I get:

Scanning available networks...
** Scan Networks **
number of available networks: 0

** Scan Networks **
Couldn't get a WiFi connection

There are at least 3 wifi networks here that it should be able to recognize (2 of which are the 2.4 and 5 GHz networks from my modem). I've also tried turning on my phone's hotspot, which it also fails to recognize. When I try the ConnectWithWPA program, it just says "Attempting to connect" endlessly.
Does anyone know what's wrong here? Am I just making a stupid mistake, or is there something wrong with the board?

I have the same problem. Once in awhile, it connects to the router, if i upload WPA code to connect.

I am having the same problem, even after updating to the most recent firmware. Were either of you able to resolve the issue?

The problem for me was, my Arduino card was powered by both the USB to my computer and a 5V charger at the same time. If I unplugged the charger, everything started working again.

I'm having exactly the same problem, now spent days trying to get a simple WiFi program to run.

I have upgraded the firmware and still get error [13] and [14] when running Arudino advanced network scan and I know there are networks there.

Why Arduino do you sell a product that gives us so much hard-work? It puts people off buying from you

Can anybody detail what they did ie Board set etc, software etc?

Now getting:

** Scan Networks **
number of available networks: 0

** Scan Networks **
Couldn't get a WiFi connection

There are networks out there, is my Wifi working?

How else can i test it?

Hi,
For all of you, what happens is that the Wi-Fi antenna needs more power, so you must connect a power supply to the board input

Input Voltage (recommended) 7 - 12V / 1A

so you can use your USB port for monitor at the same time

I hope this helps you.

1 Like