Driver for MKRFox1200 does not install

Hi,

I am having troubles to install MKRFox1200 device drivers. It did work before when I installed it on another computer. It comes up in the device manager but only to say that no device driver has been installed.

I did install the MKR Fox1200 board package. But still it does not find any drivers to be installed when I plut it into the USB.

It is still working on my other computer so no trouble with the board or cable.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

what operating system are you using?
I use the MKR FOX 1200 on Windows 7 and 10 without problems

Hello, i've lost many time around usb...and still don't solve my problems: some time we have program the board to press rst button or unplug/plug the usb, but at moment this procedure don't run!
Can somebody give some suggestions about this behaviour? Drivers? OS?

@horace, I am using windows 7 Enterprise. The board comes up in device manager but under "Other devices", and when checking properties its says "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)"

I have tried the board on two other computers, one running windows 7 and the other windows 10 and its working for both, but not on my computer.

I assume you installed the SAMD core etc and can compile and build MKR FOX 1200 code with the arduino IDE?
https://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/MKRFox1200

NiklasW:
@horace, I am using windows 7 Enterprise. The board comes up in device manager but under "Other devices", and when checking properties its says "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)"

I have tried the board on two other computers, one running windows 7 and the other windows 10 and its working for both, but not on my computer.

Strange, I assume you installed the SAMD core etc and can compile and build MKR FOX 1200 code with the arduino IDE?

Andrea1970:
Hello, i've lost many time around usb...and still don't solve my problems: some time we have program the board to press rst button or unplug/plug the usb, but at moment this procedure don't run!

I have had similar problems getting the MKR FOX 1200 serial port to appear
I usually

1. open the Control Panel > System > Device manager > Ports so I can watch the COM ports appear/disappear
  2. double cllick the reset button - after a few tries a COM port appears
  3. upload the Blink example code so I have a operational program

sometimes when compiling/uploading I have to double click the reset again
I have also found that the COM port can change after upload

horace:
I assume you installed the SAMD core etc and can compile and build MKR FOX 1200 code with the arduino IDE?
https://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/MKRFox1200Strange, I assume you installed the SAMD core etc and can compile and build MKR FOX 1200 code with the arduino IDE?

Yes I have the SAMD core for MKRFox1200 and the code compiles nicely. Its just the drivers for the board that does not become installed.

If I run dpinst-amd64.exe that is in arduino\drivers folder I get install failed for all drivers:
Adafruit Industries LCC
Arduino Srl
libusb-win32
Arduino LCC
Linino

Its on my work computer. On Monday I will check with our IT department if its some trouble with rights, that I can install SW programs but not drivers on this machine..

Andrea1970:

I think its because USB is used for re-program and terminal, also the board can go to sleep mode and I am not sure it can wake up on activity on USB. Try close the terminal before re-program. To put debug() in front of begin() in the code I think will prevent the board from going to sleep mode.

Otherwise push reset, once or a double tap.

NiklasW:
Its on my work computer. On Monday I will check with our IT department if its some trouble with rights, that I can install SW programs but not drivers on this machine..

could well be a problem with access rights
I have had to argue to get admin rights on works computers
it is pain every time you need to instal software or a driver to get the IT deptartment to do it