The system cannot find the file specified. Error Compiling for Arduino board.

Arduino IDE Error
Arduino Mega 2560
I was coding a TFT-LCD screen and an OV7670 camera and when I finished I uploaded the codes to my Arduino board. At least I attempted to. When I uploaded the codes an error popped up at the bottom of my screen. It said, "The system cannot find the file specified. Error Compiling for Arduino board." I did what I could to fix this error then I uploaded the codes to the Arduino board. The error message was still there. I am still trying to fix this error so if you have any answers, let me know. I really want to upload this code to my Arduino board.
Thank you.

The error indicates a file necessary for compilation is missing. The solution is to make that file available. It's a very vague reply but it's all that's possible on the very limited information you've provided.

There is more information available to you if you would make a bit of effort to examine the full contents of the black console window at the bottom of the Arduino IDE window. You might need to scroll up to find the complete error message.

I get nowhere with my New ARDUINO UNO . Error Compiling for Arduino board uno . On my new computer W10 , no other errors even when I try to scroll down. It all worked well on old computer now after reinstalling new web app and desktop version of ide it will not compile anything. New Arduino UNO used as I have 3 Arduinos one never used still in wrapper . So brand new . I have uninstalled everything from arduino and reinstalling all . And new windows 10 (new computer and Arduino)and two old ones nothing will load and complete on any one of them . All I get is Error Compiling for Arduino board uno. . I have also copied and pasted programs and get the same . So if you do get yours fixed let me know

@Fdavey

People have reported issues with the windows APP version so better to remove that and install the proper IDE.
Also double check you are using a USB 2.0 port and not a USB 3.0 port as that too can cause issues.

When you say "web app" do you mean CREATE as that is a different beast and there is a section specific to that ?

Thanks for getting back to me . The “web app “is off the windows 10 apps on windows face page . I have uninstalled both and trying to put them in one at a time . Still no luck . So now giving up for tonight , will retry in the morning . Also thinking about removing “EDGE” and installing “Firefox or Crome “ for W10 then reinstalling arduino. I’ll be interested if you have any other ideas

Please do this:

• File > Preferences > Show verbose output during: > compilation (check) > OK
  • Sketch > Verify/Compile
  • After the compilation fails you'll see a button on the right side of the orange bar "Copy error messages". Click that button.
  • Paste the error messages in a reply here USING CODE TAGS (</> button on the toolbar).

Hi pert i think this is the sort of thing that you need . this program is a copy and paste . if i type in any program even flash i get the same result

Arduino: 1.8.5 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Uno"

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\arduino-builder -dump-prefs -logger=machine -hardware C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware -hardware C:\Users\fdave\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages -tools C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\tools-builder -tools C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr -tools C:\Users\fdave\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages -built-in-libraries C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries -libraries C:\Users\fdave\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries -fqbn=arduino:avr:uno -vid-pid=0X2341_0X0043 -ide-version=10805 -build-path C:\Users\fdave\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_966090 -warnings=none -build-cache C:\Users\fdave\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_cache_576550 -prefs=build.warn_data_percentage=75 -prefs=runtime.tools.avr-gcc.path=C:\Users\fdave\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\avr-gcc\4.9.2-atmel3.5.4-arduino2 -prefs=runtime.tools.avrdude.path=C:\Users\fdave\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\avrdude\6.3.0-arduino9 -prefs=runtime.tools.arduinoOTA.path=C:\Users\fdave\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arduinoOTA\1.1.1 -verbose C:\Users\fdave\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\sketch_mar18d\sketch_mar18a\sketch_mar18a.ino
readlink C:\Users\fdave\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\sketch_mar18d\sketch_mar18a\sketch_mar18a.ino: The system cannot find the file specified.

Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Uno.
Hope you can help i may be doing something daft

You can't use a OneDrive folder for your sketchbook - it causes problems for the compile process since a recent windows update.

The easiest thing would be to simply change your sketchbook location to somewhere outside of OneDrive. You can do this via File > Preferences > Sketchbook Location. If you do want to continue using OneDrive, there's an explanation of the problem and some workarounds here:

Even I am facing the same problem. I am running the basic blink program.

Here is the whole error thrown by IDE ->

Arduino: 1.8.7 (Windows Store 1.8.15.0) (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)"

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.15.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\arduino-builder -dump-prefs -logger=machine -hardware C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.15.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\hardware -hardware C:\Users\Shreyans\Documents\ArduinoData\packages -tools C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.15.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\tools-builder -tools C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.15.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\hardware\tools\avr -tools C:\Users\Shreyans\Documents\ArduinoData\packages -built-in-libraries C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.15.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\libraries -libraries C:\Users\Shreyans\Documents\Arduino\libraries -fqbn=arduino:avr:mega:cpu=atmega2560 -vid-pid=0X2341_0X0042 -ide-version=10807 -build-path C:\Users\Shreyans\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_567037 -warnings=none -build-cache C:\Users\Shreyans\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_cache_547956 -prefs=build.warn_data_percentage=75 -prefs=runtime.tools.avr-gcc.path=C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.15.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\hardware\tools\avr -prefs=runtime.tools.avr-gcc-5.4.0-atmel3.6.1-arduino2.path=C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.15.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\hardware\tools\avr -prefs=runtime.tools.arduinoOTA.path=C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.15.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\hardware\tools\avr -prefs=runtime.tools.arduinoOTA-1.2.1.path=C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.15.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\hardware\tools\avr -prefs=runtime.tools.avrdude.path=C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.15.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\hardware\tools\avr -prefs=runtime.tools.avrdude-6.3.0-arduino14.path=C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.15.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\hardware\tools\avr -verbose C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.15.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\examples\01.Basics\Blink\Blink.ino

FindFirstFile C:\Users\Shreyans\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_567037: The system cannot find the file specified.
Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560.

Please help Me out with this issue.