Reading last value of a csv-file

Hello

I’ve a project where I want to registrate the operating hours of a pump. I’m using an Arduino Mega 2560 and a data logging shield inclusive the RTC.
I store the total operating hours expressed in unix time on the SD card in a CSV-file. For example:

Now is my question how can I read the last value of the CSV-file in a variable in my program? So that I’ve a backup from the time when the power is shut-off and that I can count the next time interval up to the total the pump already operates. After a reset it’s also possible that the time value will be 0.

• I was thinking about a while loop, but what will be the condition?
  • The parseInt() function, gave me the first value, but not the last.

Opening and write on the file works fine, but I’ve still problems with the reading.

First, I want to apologize myself if I made mistakes in my English!
Thank you in advance!

would it not be enough to store the last value in EEPROM?

Juraj:
would it not be enough to store the last value in EEPROM?

Thank you for answering my topic,

Unfortunately it isn’t possible, because I want to read and process the data periodic on my computer. That’s why I need a SD-card. I also want to log the operating hours of the pump for maybe 10 years or longer and that will be tricky on the EEPROM I think.

for processing in computer, log raw data, not calculations

If there's only a value per line, and the file always end with a blank line; then I think this is how:

file.seek(file.size() - 2); // Get to the end but avoid the last two characters (line-separator of the blank one)

while (file.peek() != '\n') // Go backwards until we detect the previous line separator
  file.seek(file.position() - 1);

file.read(); // Not yet into the last value, we have to advance just one single character