Control Livolo switches / Livolo switch library

Hi,

Thanks for the code :slight_smile:
What kind of transmitter work fine with livolo?

This: http://www.ebay.com/itm/433mhz-WL-RF-transmitter-Receiver-Module-Link-Kit-for-Arduino-ARM-MCU-Wireless-/360770544267?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item53ff99a28b

Thx!!!

Hi eltin,

These should be just fine. My transmitter looks exactly the same.

Hi folks,

It is now a Livolo switch control library.

Just unzip Livolo folder under your Arduino/libraries folder, restart Arduino IDE if it was open at the moment, connect Arduino board with ASK RF transmitter to PC, upload test sketch and put your Livolo switch into learning mode.

If everything goes right, your light will turn on and off every 3 seconds. See readme.txt for more info.

Default TX pin is 8, but you can use any digital pin you like.

Enjoy!

Livolo.zip (3.34 KB)

Hi spch
Thanks for the link. I have purchased the pair already.
Next, once I receive the switch and rf module, I try to decode them. If not successful, will shout for help.
Thanks for the library as well. I haven't tested yet, but should be fine. Well feedback to you after tested.

Regards

Hi,

First thanks for sharing your code :slight_smile:

I can´t control the switch :frowning:

I use:

1. Arduino Uno
  2. RF433 transmitter
  3. Switch VL-C301DR-81

Steps:

1. Connect rf433 data on pin 8 VCC on 5v and GND on gnd
  2. Load the code
  3. Touch the button of switch 5 seconds (Di sound)
  4. Send 1 to monitor.

The code:

#include <livolo.h>
Livolo livolo(8);
int incomingByte = 0;

void setup() {
    Serial.begin(9600);
    Serial.println("init");
}

void loop() {
   if (Serial.available() > 0) {
        incomingByte = Serial.read();
        switch(incomingByte) {
          case 49:
            livolo.sendButton(6400, 120);
            Serial.println("Switching on 1");
          break;
        }
   }
}

eltin,

Sorry for previous message. I missed some pieces of code you wrote. I've just tested your code on Mega and it is working flawlessly.

I guess problem is in switch "pairing". Try clearing previous code from switch first. For example:

1. Hold switch button until it beeps twice
  2. Release switch button
  3. Hold switch button until it beeps once
  4. Enter "1" in Arduino port monitor input field and press Enter (switch shoud beep and accept new button)
  5. Enter "1" in Arduino port monitor input field and press Enter (switch should turn on)

In case switch still not responding, make sure you have right antenna (163 mm of wire soldered to transmitter) and that transmitter is quite close to switch (at least for testing).

spch,

I did all the step but not work on Arduino Uno.
I check in all Arduino PINs with the transmitter near the switch!

If I can make it work, then they notice!

Thx

Pd. Sorry for my bad English

spch,

It works with arduino uno :slight_smile:

I use PIN 3 and I send this livolo.sendButton(19303, 72);

Thanks man!!!

thanks for your code, its working like a charm

my remote id are13979 for room 1
13972 for room 2
139731 for room 3

do you have a sketch to read the id and the command directly from the remote ( without going thru audacity)
i m sure it would help a bunch of people

thanks for your work

Dear friends,

I know that this is strictly an Arduino forum, but I am working on the same project a long time now to control my Livolo switches, but with a Raspberry pi instead. As far as now I have not managed to achieve it. Hopefully someone inside the forum can translate the already working code for Arduino and make it work on Raspberry pi. There are already some useful codes for Raspberry pi that control the GPIO and send pulses to them (RCSwitch-pi and wiringPi) but I can note make them work with Livolo. Thank you very much for your reading!

seagorf7,

You are right, reading remote IDs with Audacity is an akward routine. And I did try to build a code to read remote IDs, but have not succeeded yet. What's more, I'm not really sure I can do it.

But I'll get back to it as soon as I have enough time.

i m no good at programing but , you can get help on irc
server : chat.freenode.net
room : #arduino

a bunch of savvy coders there

Hi,

It´s possible to get current status or send ON command only.

thx

seagorf7,

Thanks, I'll take a note on that. But still I don't understand how come talking on IRC gives me time to work on the code :wink:

eltin,

Is it a statement or question? In case you know how to get Livolo switch status, please share this info.

Sorry is a question :frowning:

eltin,

I'm not really sure it is possible to get switch status or send ON only command. There is a small chance of that, beause of "scenes" feature of advanced remote control.

As far as I remember (I've lost manual), there is a way to record several "scenes" with remote. Each scene means that one button can turn on several switches simultaneously. The thing is that required switches must be turned on prior to programing a scene. So I guess remote somehow "knows" which switches are on.

Again, I'm not sure it is working that way. I'll get back to this a bit later, sorry.

spch,

I have this switch http://blog.iteadstudio.com/itead-intelligent-switch-433mhz-communication-protocol/ in this it´s posible but I can´t with livolo :frowning:

I keep trying, if I succeed I share!!

Hi everyone,

Sorry to mislead. There is no two-way communication between remote and switch. Scenes are being recorded on remote only, no interaction with switches required.

Yes, Itead switch is dual communication. It means switch send feedback status signal.
Whereas Livolo switch is not.
Anybody has any idea that where Itead source its switch from?

As I said earlier, another dual communication switch is Koti light switch. I have purchased them and play with them. It is nice and cool but its code is not open. I am waiting for FSK rf transmitter/receiver to decode them.

http://koti-china.en.alibaba.com/

If anyone has successfully decode them, please share.

Regards

here are pictures of the remote manual

http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/466879/vlrmt01-zip.html