640x400 LCD Screen from ECG with unknown protocol - Help Please

I have come into possession of an old ECG machine, and have taken interest in it's screen. The screen works, as far as I can tell, and has a 4 pin peripheral connector for the backlight.

While the display will respond to input, I'm unsure of how to communicate with the screen properly. It has 12 pins, ruling out a standard LCD protocol. I came across this archived document: here, which suggests that the screen I have (LM384CXFR) is an EGA screen, but EGA connectors have 9 pins, so I'm not sure about that either.

The LCD screen itself is driven by 10 HD61104A chips.

If anyone has any information or insight, I'd greatly appreciate it. I doubt I could get a 640x400 display running on an Arduino, but I'd like to get it running on something.

Images of Screen: ECG Screen - Album on Imgur

Screen Specs:

Resolution 640x400
Display Drivers 10x Hitachi HD61104A
Board Name LM384CXFR
Pins 12

DON'T CROSS POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=529311
I HAVE REPORTED THIS THREAD TO THE MODERATORS

MicroTransactions:
...take down the ones outside of "Device Hacking"...

Done.

Right, I've figured it out. On the ECG board itself, it's controlled by this chip. The HD61104A's that drive the LCD are connected in cascade, fed data directly by the chip mentioned before. As such, I'll try to get a hold of one of those if I can. Hoping this helps anyone else who might need it. Thanks

@Microtransactions, Any update on this project? I have a number of LCD's I'd love to drive using Arduino's and Have no idea what I am doing! I have in particular a Seiko Instruments G191C and a Hitachi LM225 The former uses the same HD61104A and the latter uses a LOT of HD1203's and HD61200's (16 of them).

If you have made some progress, I'd love to hear about it. If these could be driven by Arduino's easily, I have a couple of projects that will benefit from nice large LCD like these.

Heya, sorry I took so long to reply, took me a while to get back to working on this. In regards to driving these chips, I plan to use an ESP8266 to emulate the S1D13305 LCD controller chip. This controller chip lets you take in a standard protocol, instead of having to manually write the waveforms out to the LCD chips. The HD61104A is not designed for direct input, it's driven by a separate chip, which I linked above