North Eastern USA

Hey guys in the east,take pictures of the storm coming your way.

We will do our best and send some warmer weather from the west.

Pregame

It begins

It's about time you guys got some snow and cold, we shouldn't have all the fun.

travis should see 1-2 ft of snow, tomorrow though, i'm way down south in virginia

three hour update:

about 3/4" now, starting to accumulate pretty good.

Not sure if you can tell it from the picture, but before the snow was falling straight down/wet. It has gotten much more fluffy in the past hour.

really picked up in the last hour, we are not sitting at a cool 2"

finally, my home made 3d printed weather station and led controller! Mmmm snow. Would like to do hourly updates, might make it one more, but i'm getting sleepy..

I can hear the flights being cancelled from here

This will shut the entire region down till monday because we are gonna get 12" of snow and it's going to be in the 20s till sunday....

our average snowfall for the year is 2 and a half inches and the average temperature for this time of year is 49....

Trasnformers blowing all around me so who knows if i'll have power in the morning, 50mph gusts as well.

Why are transformers blowing

TKall:
Why are transformers blowing

Maybe flash over from salt on the insulators and the snow sticking to them.

Only supposed to get light fluffy snow across most of Mass, cold Canadian air ensuring that. 5" in the west of the state to 12-16" in the east - and done snowing by midnight. Won't be too far into Friday before things are clear, but very windy, and cold Saturday. Could be a lot of drifts. We're in the 8-12" band, but not starting for a few hours still. Northern edge of the storm just trickling into southern CT right now (1:30AM east coast time).
http://www.intellicast.com/National/Radar/Current.aspx

travis_farmer:
.... in preparation, we have two cans of gas on hand for the tractor/snowblower, and possibly my generator. though the generator is in my motorcycle shed, and i may have to shovel a path to the shed to get it out.

Are you folks English, you spend a lot of time talking about the weather :slight_smile:

Are you allowed to fill up with gas yourself in Maine, look what happened in Oregon

Wow, quite a snowfall to remember! We got about 12" and it is still comming down, based on radar we still got an hour of two of steady snow, then another few hours of snowshowers, maybe another 2-4". My pond is almost frozen over. Never happened before. I would have taken more pics but I'm still in my tighty-whities.

Nice place you have there Travis. The house is impressive, you're not worried about wind I bet.

After the snow, extream cold. Looks to be a fun lovin 5 degrees f....

REAL ENGLISH from the UK living in a predominantly french town in Northern Ontario and yes we pump our own gas (petrol to non heathens) and have done so for quite a long time...

Oddly all the gas stations seem to survive without incident.

Think we do have a couple of those quaint YE OLDE gas stations that will still pump gas for you but its like a treasure hunt to find them and you may have to spend a lot on money on gas (still petrol) getting to them.

New sign in Oregon

Staying with the weather theme tho...

ikea.jpg

ikea.jpg

ardly:
Are you folks English, you spend a lot of time talking about the weather :slight_smile:

Are you allowed to fill up with gas yourself in Maine, look what happened in Oregon

That's what you get when you let so many Californians who think they're too hip for California in.

Hi,
40C here today, Victoria, Australia...
I do feel sorry for the west coast US, even down to Florida, snow is good , but in moderation.
You guys have got to practice MODERATION. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Is California still fighting wild fires, not much on the news here about it.

My step daughter and future hubby took grandson to local swimming pool this afternoon, the toddlers pool had a real "Caddyshack" moment!!!
Everybody out.....
Toddlers pool closed for the rest of the day.
(Not the fault of my grandson..)
Grandad is baby sitting tonight, baby monitor on, all I can see is a nappy/diaper covered bum.. lol

Tom... :slight_smile:

TomGeorge:
I do feel sorry for the west coast US, even down to Florida, snow is good , but in moderation.

Oh deary dear, upside down and can't tell east from west.

I was out in -22C yesterday, it felt cold when the wind blew I can tell ya, it comes off the river.