Multiple TFT displays

Thinking of using an Arduino or set or Arduinos to build a Flight Simulator Cockpit.

Would it be possible to have multiple TFT displays says the 2" or 5" Non touch displays
from a single Arduino (e.g. Mega 2560) ?

Or is it going to take one Arduino per screen ?

For reference the Air displays in the top right corner ?
http://www.avsim.com/pages/0504/pmdg_737ng_review/737-overhead_panel.jpg

depends on the interface of the TFT and the amount of data updates.

My gut feeling says one Arduino per screen makes sense.

While it probably feasible, being perhaps merely a matter of sorting out the chip select, you probably won't contemplate the distribution boards and cabling for too long before you decide it isn't a good idea.

The other problem is the speed. No matter how you go about it, you need to check what has gone before to ensure that a Mega is up to this sort of job. It is already clear that the joys of using a larger display come with a noticeable speed hit, and having multiple screens will probably make a bad situation worse.

My requirements are much more humble than anything you have in mind, but I suspect it may turn out that switching to a large LCD is not a proposition.

You are going to run out of Pins .. One display takes a lot, you could multiplex many to multiple displays but some will need to be unique..

Suggest one Mega per display with cmmunication between..

tgsuperspec:
You are going to run out of Pins .. One display takes a lot, you could multiplex many to multiple displays but some will need to be unique..

Hum... Does Chip Select ring a bell?