Drawing bot - from the beginning (maybe again)

Hi there

I need to ask...
I have together with my son made a X-Y table from old CD players hooked it up with two L293 - that works fine. Now coding drawings are (I know) non trivial. So I ran into some challenges. I am using the stepper libery for controlling (I might make my own one day)

1. Have any one made liberies for drawing normal stuff like Squares, triangles and circles?
  2. I would like to send commands from a Lazarus (or like) program running on a com. thus make a call to my arduino like: draw(x,y), move(x,y) So then I can make the drawing in my own program and the Arduino do not have to have ALL commands for the drawing at once. I would like to send them one by one (I know inefficient - but I need it for other projects - my drawing is only a playground project)

By the way I am a newbe (have had it for 2 weeks by now) - so please bring examples.

I know RS232 com with other equipment and run the comport routinely But not with the arduino).

Yours
Moose

1. Have any one made liberies for drawing normal stuff like Squares, triangles and circles?

Lots of libraries exist, but, rather than inventing a new one, a open source CAD/CAM application that can output M and G codes would be a better choice, in my opinion.

Then, read the M and G code file, and send appropriate move instructions to the Arduino.

1. I would like to send commands from a Lazarus (or like) program running on a com. thus make a call to my arduino like: draw(x,y), move(x,y) So then I can make the drawing in my own program and the Arduino do not have to have ALL commands for the drawing at once.

"Running on a com"?

It's good that the Arduino doesn't need all the commands at once, because it doesn't have near enough memory for any but the simplest programs.

I would like to send them one by one (I know inefficient - but I need it for other projects - my drawing is only a playground project)

Perhaps you are not aware that that is how most CNC machines are driven - one instruction at a time.

Adafruit-GFX-Library has a number of basic drawing primitives; it's designed for an LCD screen but it'd give you a jumpstart on developing a library for your bot.

I'm slowly getting a 3 axis mill going and came across an open source program for it. Take a look and see if it can be of any help to you.