Constant current power supplies

be80be:
I not giving them any thing there I just tested about 100 of them as to there rating
and did a lot of digging on the net

TND329
5 W Cellular Phone CCCV
(Constant Current Constant
Voltage) AC-DC Adapter

better charger like the smart phones and iphone use these in them and there
Not this same chip but one like it.

Well I guess we will just continue talking past each other. I will state that from an ohms law point of view that a 'constant current constant voltage output 'module' could only work with single fixed value resistance load, and thus would be of very limited usefulness. You can't have both a constant current and a constant voltage at the same time with a variable resistance load.

A DC power supply module either changes it's output voltage to maintain a constant current when presented with variable resistance loads, or it maintains a constant voltage by supplying more or less current to match a variable resistance load, it can't do both simultaneously except at one 'perfect' load resistance value. I've used these modules with different value loads, the current didn't stay constant but the voltage did, hence they are indeed simply fixed output voltage regulators.

If you study the datasheet for the TND329 device you talked about, you will find that it is in fact a regulated constant voltage regulator when operating at any current demand from 0ma to 1 amp. If however the load attempts to draw more then 1 amp (load resistance decreases below 5.1 ohms) the module enters a current limiting mode where it will lower it's output voltage to maintain the maximum current drawn by the load to a constant 1 amp value. So that one acts like a simple fixed 5.1vdc output voltage regulator up to it's maximum rated output current, above that value it enters a fixed current limiting mode by lowering it's output voltage to maintain 1 amp. So no ohms laws broken and does never at any time maintain a constant current and a constant voltage at the same time, the load resistance always has a say in the matter.

Lefty