TIME-RLATED BUTTONS- saving digital input to EEPROM

hi folks,
i have a standalone arduino mini pro running and 5 buttons plugged to the digital inputs.
im searching for sotware, that writes into the eeprom when a button has been pressed. its possible to press
multiple buttons at the same moment.

afterward i want to plug it into my pc and find out when which button has been pressed.

it would be so cool i somebody has any idea.

cheers,
johannes.

I haven't heard of an exact project like what you described (fuzzy ideas such as how can you depress multiple buttons so quickly that arduino treats as simultaneous) so why not splitting the project into a few pieces and ask one piece at a time? You have a much better chance of getting help if you ask "I need this", instead of "I need this, this, and that".
I bet you will need to revise or clarify your idea in the process.

look.
i´ve built these things here,( they are from blinking bouncing balls)

into a tonfa

if you hit with the tonfa onto something,
the spring bends and makes a contact with the metal thing around her.

its like a button, that reacts to kinetic energy.
there are more then one "button" built into the tonfa to find out how hard the tonfa was used.
i used the button example code, to light up corresponding led´s, this worked fine.
it would be also cool to know WHEN, WHICH "button" was used.

so the first single question, how do i store digital input to eeprom?
if i have for example 3 buttons, how do i store the signal of these buttons in the eeprom.

next question would be,
can i do it time-related?

greez,
johannes.

Thanks for the helpful details. That's more specific than your earlier broad question.

To store to EEPROM, refer to this official Arduino library page:

To store time, you need a real time clock, you need a DS1307 chip. I don't find a good reference page but this one should get you started.

http://www.arduino.cc/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1235070596

The ATMEGA328 chip that has the EEPROM doesn't have lot of EEPROM, only 1KB. To get more, you can opt for 24LC256 or 24LC512 chips with 32KB or 64KB of space. Maybe solder everything on instead of using DIP-8 sockets since you're exerting a lot of force on them in the baton.