mrk1400 SoftwareSerial.h

I am trying to use Adafruit GPS module with MRK1400.

With an Arduino Nano, the samples sketch "echo" from Adafruit compiles well and works.

With MRK1400, the compiler wont find SoftwareSerial.h. (I did select the correct board and port)'.
I found the SoftwareSerial lib in C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\libraries and copied to C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries. But, doing so, the compiler fails to find another header file.

The code begins with:
#include <SoftwareSerial.h>
#include <Adafruit_GPS.h>

Any help would be very appreciated. I am stuck on this for more than 2 hours.

SoftwareSerial is an architecture-specific library. The version you found at C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\libraries is written specifically for the AVR architecture (e.g. Uno, Mega, Nano, Leonardo) and will not work with your MKRGSM1400, which is SAMD architecture. You will probably find some relevant information if you do a search for arduino zero softwareserial since the Zero is also SAMD and has been around much longer than the MKRGWM1400.

Thank you. I downloaded a proper library for SAMD. I have to do some changes in the Adafruit GPS library. As it is not simple, I might do my own.

a31415:
Thank you. I downloaded a proper library for SAMD. I have to do some changes in the Adafruit GPS library. As it is not simple, I might do my own.

Hi @a31415

Did you succeed with the library and the modification / creation of the adafruit gps library?? I think I'm stuck in the same dilemma as you were with the mkr nb 1500 board.

What software serial library did you find for the SAMD??

best regards