I Think I've Hacked a Siemens A60 but problems dialling a number

Hi,

I've got a Siemens A60 (GSM/GPRS) phone hooked up to an Arduino (mostly using tutorial http://tronixstuff.wordpress.com/2011/01/19/tutorial-arduino-and-gsm-cellular-part-one/ which I know is actually for a shield, but I thought it a good starting point) I used the siemens charger cable and soldered in the Rx, Tx pins I got info on from pinouts.ru

The Arduino is communicating with the phone because I can send AT commands via the terminal program from the tutorial Terminal. When I dial the phone, data gets sent via the Arduino to the terminal. Also I can terminate calls via the terminal.

When I turn on the phone I don't get all the SIND messages shown on the tutorial, which is a concern. When I try AT+SIND=? i get ERROR. When I try to set a GSM band I get and error
When I dial a number on the terminal: ATDphonenumber I get a NO CARRIER message.
setting the default network operator (orange) works fine and I can just dial out using the phone keyboard even when still attached to the Arduino.

I feel as though I'm close to getting it, but I am a beginner in this stuff, and it's time to ask the experts.

Can anyone help?

It was a really silly mistake I made. I left off the semi colon at the end of the string. :blush:

Happy thogh now it works. My first real hack and I'm going on to make an Arduino alarm for my garden shed which is 1/2 a mile away and has no power.

At least now the alarm can tell me of an event. :smiley: