Arduino Mega 2560 pwm output count | RGB Led Cube

I hope that my toppic is right here.

At the product page it does say it has 15 PWM outputs and in several shops it does say that there are just 14.

Which number is correct?
I as because i am going to build a 5x5x5 rgb led cube and the 15 pwm signals would help not to demultiplex. I could set 5 Leds at once and just need 25 more IO for the right row. That would be in total 40 IO for a whole cube without demultiplexing.

What do you think about it? Ofc ill build an driverboard.

Regads
BennX

From the 2560 datasheet, and their identification on the Mega 250 R3 schematic:

1. PB7 >> D13
    OC0A/OC1C/PCINT7 (Output Compare and PWM Output A for Timer/Counter0, Output
    Compare and PWM Output C for Timer/Counter1 or Pin Change Interrupt 7)

2. PB6 >> D12
    OC1B/PCINT6 (Output Compare and PWM Output B for Timer/Counter1 or Pin Change
    Interrupt 6)

3. PB5 >> D11
    OC1A/PCINT5 (Output Compare and PWM Output A for Timer/Counter1 or Pin Change
    Interrupt 5)

4. PB4 >> D10
    OC2A/PCINT4 (Output Compare and PWM Output A for Timer/Counter2 or Pin Change
    Interrupt 4)

5. PE5 >> D3
    INT5/OC3C (External Interrupt 5 Input or Output Compare and PWM Output C for Timer/Counter3)

6. PE4 >> D2
    INT4/OC3B (External Interrupt4 Input or Output Compare and PWM Output B for Timer/Counter3)

7. PE3 >> D5
    AIN1/OC3A (Analog Comparator Negative Input or Output Compare and PWM Output A for
    Timer/Counter3)

8 ) PG5 >> D4
OC0B (Output Compare and PWM Output B for Timer/Counter0)

1. PH6 >> D9
    OC2B (Output Compare and PWM Output B for Timer/Counter2)

2. PH5 >> D8
    OC4C (Output Compare and PWM Output C for Timer/Counter4)

3. PH4 >> D7
    OC4B (Output Compare and PWM Output B for Timer/Counter4)

4. PH3 >> D6
    OC4A (Output Compare and PWM Output A for Timer/Counter4)

5. PL5 >> D44
    OC5C (Output Compare and PWM Output C for Timer/Counter5)

6. PL4 >> D45
    OC5B (Output Compare and PWM Output B for Timer/Counter5)

7. PL3 >> D46
    OC5A (Output Compare and PWM Output A for Timer/Counter5)

Okay perfect. So i did see that right, that there are 15. I really was confused about that. They really should correct their information sheets.

and in several shops it does say that there are just 14.

They really should correct their information sheets.

Who is "they"? The Arduino site, which is where the design comes from, has the correct data. If you find incorrect data on another site, why would you consider buying from them?

The arduino shop itself says that it does have 14. The support already confirmed me, that it does have 15. So there is a misstake at the shop text. (See here: http://store.arduino.cc/eu/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=11&products_id=196 )
Also other shops do say that it does have 14.

And just to mention here the product site from Arduino does say it has 15 thats why i was confused. http://arduino.cc/en/Main/ArduinoBoardMega2560