Introducing the new Arduino Engineering Kit!

Where is there a forum for discussing topics and troubleshooting issues with this kit?

I have questions on another forum about how the Matlab server is having issues reconnecting to the MKR1000 board anytime there is a power transfer from the LiPo to the USB or vice versa. It is not as easy as clearing the arduino instance (i.e. clear a) and re-establishing it (i.e. a = arduino). I have to power cycle my board and that means I have to be very careful how I power up because if I switch to the LiPo battery everything stops and I have to re-initialize the board. This was just in last night's testing so I am sure there is more to come :slight_smile:

tharless:
Where is there a forum for discussing topics and troubleshooting issues with this kit?

Here it is:
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=559144

Hello, I am having difficulty connecting to the tutorials for the Engineering Kit. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I have been sending emails to the support team for the past few days to try and login to the learning platform - sending screenshot after screenshot with no solution in sight. There has to be a simpler way to access the learning platform as this is just archaic. The login worked once and now there is no way to login to the platform. It's very frustrating.

Hello FMcNulty,

We are really sorry you are experiencing issues with the kit. I kindly ask you to send me a private message with your email address, and we'll get in touch immediately.

Best regards,

Dear Madam, not having had any response from you I would kindly ask you to make contact with the support service who have been anything but helpful over the past ten days. I am at a loss to describe the lack of support given for this Engineering kit. I only need access to the learning platform but after sending ten or twelve mails to explain what is in essence a simple difficulty. I have sent the receipt to offer proof of purchase as the support has recently called into question my honesty. They really have issues. Yours FMcNulty

FMcNulty:
Dear Madam, not having had any response from you I would kindly ask you to make contact with the support service who have been anything but helpful over the past ten days. I am at a loss to describe the lack of support given for this Engineering kit. I only need access to the learning platform but after sending ten or twelve mails to explain what is in essence a simple difficulty. I have sent the receipt to offer proof of purchase as the support has recently called into question my honesty. They really have issues. Yours FMcNulty

I have double checked internally and our support engineers are investigating the case, besides I've just sent you a private message to follow-up on your request.
It is in our interest provide the best possible customer care for all our users and clients, therefore we kindly ask you to bear with us while we investigate your case.

The receipt is mandatory for all the customers who requires support, also for a matter of warranty. We are no making any exception here, and it is not a matter of honesty. It's just the procedure.

We'll do our best to get back to you asap either here on the forum, or via the regular support channels.

Wishing you a great day.

Valentina,

I'm almost finished assembling the motorcycle, but my kit does not seem to have the 2 magnets (needed by the Hall sensor I believe), so the system will not work. Can you help please? Thanks.

Prof. Rod

Hello,
Thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

rodfoist:
Valentina,

I'm almost finished assembling the motorcycle, but my kit does not seem to have the 2 magnets (needed by the Hall sensor I believe), so the system will not work. Can you help please? Thanks.

Prof. Rod

Hello Prof. Rod,

Please contact asap our online support at support [at] arduino.cc, including a copy of the purchase receipt.

We will get back to you asap.

Best regards,

Hi,

I brought the Arduino Engineering Kit, I tried to register online and it says the code is invalid. Can you please help me with this issue?

This is my email id : kchintha@patriots.uttyler.edu

Hello Keerthikumar,

Please get in touch with our online support! support[at]arduino.cc :slight_smile:

We will support you.

Best regards,

Dear Valentina,
I would like to know when mkr IMU Shield will be available in the online market.

Best regards

Stefano Arrigoni, PhD

Dear Arduino

The Arduino Engineering Kit FAQ states that the kit will be sold worldwide, but after adding it to my cart I am told that " This product is not available in your country." (I am in Japan)

Is this an error from the FAQ, from my localization ?
Or is there a Japanese reseller for it ?

Or may be just a matter of timing ?

best

Jerome

Hello Jerome,

Please make sure you have entered the correct store. Go to store [dot] arduino [dot] cc/usa

Best regards,

Hello Valentina

I checked, and it is the correct store.

https://store [dot] arduino [dot] cc/usa/checkout/cart/

and the 2 following messages :
"Good news, your order is eligible for FREE Shipping!" (thanks !)

"Some products are not available in your country. Please remove these products from the cart to proceed to checkout." (Ooops)

and my only product in the cart is this engineer kit :

"Arduino Engineering Kit

• This product is not available in your country."

My purchase of the Arduino Engineering kit, as others have posted, also did not include a back cover label with registration for online access, and Labview registration information. I have submitted emails with purchase receipts, to support and engkit email accounts. How long is the norm for a response? Any help is greatly appreciated!

@dgirman created a dedicated thread for their issue with the Arduino Engineering Kit:
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=548702

I understand that buying the Arduino Engineering Kit allows me access to the various software for one year. After the one year is up, will any software already up and running on a project continue to work? Can you please give me some idea for the cost of extending the software licenses?